Fireworks

The rest of the day was spent with us two teenagers causing chaos. We ran around to shops going in trying crazy clothes. Then we would stop at dog parks and pet as many dogs as we could. Our final stop was to get dinner because it was getting quite late. It was around 6pm at the time and Tommy didn't have any idea what would be open since shops close quite early. So I reached into my pocket to grab my phone, but Tommy grabbed my hand before I could get it. He dragged me over to a restaurant that looked almost run down. I turned to Tommy with a face full of confusion.

"Whats this place?" I asked concerned for the condition of the building.

"This is probably the best place to get food in London" Tommy says still holding my hand.

I look down for a second and laugh.

"I get we are supposed to be friends, but... I don't know if this is what friends do hahah" I said a little embarrassed

He looked down to what I was referring to and blushed removing his hand from mine.

"Sorry..." he looked away and I could tell his face was beet red.

I grabbed his hand again not opposed to the attention and walked up to the door of the restaurant still a little wary. Once we got in it was completely different. There was nice tables with fancy white tablecloths and everything had what looked to be vines on it. I was impressed and I turned to Tommy. When I looked at him though he wasn't paying attention to the place he was looking at me.

"What? Did I do a dumb facial expression again?" Making an inside joke to this morning with me and Wilbur.

Tommy shook his head and said "No you're alright just wanted to see your face and what you thought of the place."

I nodded my head to reassure him I understood. He looked relieved that I seemed to like the place. Once we were done with the little chat out of nowhere a waitress walked out and she seated us. I didn't know what to get as I was looking at the menu and Tommy seen my indecisiveness.

"I like the pasta with bolognese." Tommy said still looking at his menu.

I nodded my head and decided that's what I was going to go with. Once the waitress arrived we told her our orders and waited on the food. Not too long it came out and Tommy and I dug in. The pasta was great and so was the conversations. I think I truly stopped hating him and accepting that he was alright. Like Tubbo said though I knew that there would be times where he would do things I wouldn't like. I was ready for those moments though and I was excited to finally tell everyone that we were friends.

"Hey Y/n we are friends right?" Tommy said concerned.

"Yeah why do you ask?" I said a little concerned.

Tommy fiddled with his pasta and said "I just wanted to make sure we were alright. I mean we had an good day today so I just hoped."

I laughed a little and said "I did enjoy today. You have redeemed yourself sir."

He looked relieved. Once we were done with our food Tommy and I walked out of the restaurant. I heard a ding come from my phone and it was Liz and my parents checking up on me. I had to inform them I did in fact not get kidnapped. They sent back a "have fun" and I told them I'd be back soon.

I looked to Tommy after he seen me text my parents and said "Do you need to head home? I had one more thing I wanted to show you first."

I nodded my head as I followed him as he walked towards an open field. I was confused why we just stood in what looked like a park at 7pm, but I went along with it. Tommy kept checking his phone every couple of seconds and I looked over to him confused putting my hands into the jacket pockets.

"What's on your mind? Why do you keep checking the time?" I said watching him check it again.

"You will see..............now" he said putting his phone away.

As Tommy said now a thing shot up in the sky. At first I didn't know what it was until it blew up in brilliant colors. Apparently there was a firework show today and Tommy was checking his phone to check when it would start. When more started to go off I took a hand out of my pocket and dragged Tommy over to an area where we could see them better and we sat down on the grass. As I gazed up at the fireworks a bright smile painted itself on my face.

I haven't seen fireworks in so long. The last time I had witnessed a show like this was when I was 5 and my parents had their first day off of work together. It was amazing. All the wonderful colors that filled the night sky along with the memories. That's how the Fourth of July became my favorite holiday. It was the first day I recognized my family was truly a family and I felt the most loved ever. In England though it's a different feeling. This fireworks show brought some other emotion out in me. I couldn't quite place it.

I turned towards Tommy and he wasn't looking at the fireworks he was looking at me. He had done that quite often today and I always wondered what he was thinking about when he did it.

"What's on your mind this time?" I said looking straight at Tommy.

"Do you want me to be honest?" He said a wandering look in his eyes.

"I'm just glad that today went well... I had a lot of nerves when it came to whether or not you hated me anymore. I also kinda felt off inviting you here, but Tubbo thought it was a good idea so I went with it. I don't regret this at all." He said letting out a long sigh.

I laughed a little and said "I'm actually glad that I came as well. I really debated whether or not I should. Liz though told me it was for the better of everyone and so I came. I didn't think though that I'd get along with you this well."

He shoved my shoulder at the comment and we continued our night just enjoying the fireworks; smiling and laughing at jokes that float from our mouths. When the show was over and as it got around to 8pm Tommy walked with me back to the station and we took the final train to Brighton. As we got there he walked me back to the Airbnb that was surprisingly not far from Tommy's house. As soon as I walked in Liz walked up to me and immediately hugged me. I was a little confused but she seemed happy.

She squeezed a little more and said "How did it go?!"

I hugged tighter back turning it into a competition "it went good me and Tommy have officially become friends."

She squeezed extremely tight now almost breaking my ribs. I yelped and she loosened her grip.

"Sorry! I'm just happy you guys made up!" She said stepping back fully.

She began gazing at me confused.

"Who's jacket is that? Is it Tommy's?" She said happily confused.

I nod my head quickly looking away in embarrassment as I realize I still had his jacket on.

"Now if you will excuse me ima go to our room and pass out." I said as I yawned and made my way out of the room.

"Okay but you have to tell me all you did tomorrow and that's a promise." She said following after me giddily to the bed room.

Once we get there we both change into our pajamas and head to bed. I snuggle into the blankets satisfied with today wondering what's to come tomorrow.