Picnic

When we got to the observatory I was surprised to see not too many people being there. To be fair it was around 3 at this point and it was an odd time for people to visit. I on the other hand found this a perfect time to bring Tom here and have a picnic.

Earlier while we were at the grove we hadn't eaten at all. The interaction with Spenser kind of put both Tom and I into an off mood. Even the car ride here was a little weird as we didn't discuss the situation. Nonetheless we got there in one piece. As Tom got out of the car he looked amazed but also confused.

"Um Y/n? What is this place?" He said looking at the giant building in front of us.

"It's an observatory! We get to learn kinda about the sky here, see the skyline of LA, ya know other cool things!" I said closing the door to the car.

I then walked over to the trunk of the car opening it to reveal the picnic basket I had planned earlier. Tom walked over to me looking over my shoulder and peeking up a bit. When I turned around with the basket in my hand he reached out and took it from me and shut the trunk for me.

I knew that the action was honestly just him being nice, but it sent butterflies. We were being so domestic and acting like we were dating. I told myself not to dwell on things like this because he wouldn't feel how I do, but it hurt a little having to keep that in. I'll talk to him about it later. I don't want to ruin today.

"So where are we setting this up?" Tom said walking out into the grass near the front of the building.

I pointed to a random spot in the grass and Tom went there beginning to set up the blanket and sat the basket on top. I blushed a little. This was going to be extremely hard to keep whatever this feeling was for Tom down.

"You didn't have to do all that Tom! I brought you here." I said smiling at him hoping he knew I was greatful.

"No no I gotta help my little short stacks out. You brought me here I wanna make this the least stressful for you." He said sitting down on the blanket and patting next to him.

I couldn't help, but blush even more and took a seat next to Tom. Then I moved after a second of calming down to open up the picnic basket. I had Turkey and lettuce sandwiches along with little choco pies, and out drinks which were just cans of coke. Tom had looked stunned even though it was really nothing special. It made me happy when he seemed to enjoy the things I did for him.

"Go ahead! Take what sandwich you want and dig in!" I said letting Tom have first pick even though there wasn't a big difference between sandwiches.

He swatted the air a bit in embarrassment, but end up taking a sandwich out of the basket. I smiled at him reassuring him the one he picked was fine. Then I took one as well as well as the drinks handing one to Tom. He mumbled a thanks since he had already was eating the sandwich.

"Is it that good huh!?" I said laughing a little as I also took my sandwich out of the plastic box.

He only nodded his head seeming to stuff his face with the sandwich. I took that as so and began to eat mine. We sat there in a comfortable silence gazing at the area around us as we enjoyed our little picnic. When Tom was done with his sandwich he looked over to me and stared me down. I looked at him confused still munching on my sandwich.

He smiled really big at me and raised his hand a little and said "you have a crumb on your face. Is it ok if I wipe it off for you?"

I blushed a little and nodded watching him carefully move his hand and wipe it off with his thumb. Then I looked up to his face. He had the most caring look on his face as if he were to move in the wrong way he would scare me. When he sat back a little I laughed a bit. He also began to blush.