Chapter 37

Jc's POV

"KIRSTIEEEEEEE YOU NEED TO START PACKING CUZ WE'RE GOING TO TEXAS IN TWO DAYS."

"Ughhhh but can I do it later? After dinner?" She asks looking up from her laptop.

"That's what you said yesterday, and you didn't do it. Come on, its not too hard. It's better to do it earlier than rushing to do it later. Lia is coming soon too, so she can help you with whatever you need," I say, walking out.

"WAIT COME BACK CLOSE THE DOOR," I hear her scream.

"NO I'M GUNNA GO DRINK ARIZONA SO BYE," I scream back, not really going to drink Arizona, but just to see if she'll get up. She doesn't, but I hear her groan and close the door.

It was almost Thanksgiving and I was taking Kirstie with me back home to Texas to meet my family. She could become good friends with Jaylyn, they're the same age and have happy little personalities.

Kirstie's POV

I hate it when people walk in my room and walk out, not closing the door behind them. I close my laptop and groan in frustration as I go close the door.

I took out my pink suitcase and opened it on my bed. I went over to my closet and just looked at it. What am I supposed to take? I'm guessing it's kinda hot there, so I decide on some shorts and a couple t-shirts and tank tops. We were staying there for 12 days, going this Saturday and coming back at night next next Thursday.

Somehow, whenever I'm doing something I don't want to do, I end up scrolling through Tumblr or Twitter on my phone on my bed. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, it just somehow ends up that way. And guess what? I'm on my bed, with my blanket, on my phone, right at this very second.

"Hey Kirstie, Jc says you're having some trouble getting ready to go to Texas," Lia comes in, the door wide open.

I turn off my phone and sit up. "Well, I tried, but gave up and I decided to scroll through Tumblr and who knew looking at pets doing tricks would be so entertaining?"

Lia laughs. "Haha, yeah well now yore free time is over. Time to do some actual work, by the way, be glad you're packing right now because later on, unpacking everything is a PAIN IN THE BUTT."

We both talk about random little topics that popped up like one second we were talking about One Direction, the next was about why boys are so weird, and the next was about if gummy worms were actual worms. I'll never eat another gummy worm again. I'll eat gummy bears though, they're cute but you never know if they're evil on the inside.

"Ok, now all you need to remember is to pack your phone on Saturday, and you're done!" Lia says helping me zip the suitcase shut.

"Thanks Lia, this wouldn't be done and I'd be still sitting on my bed looking at cat pictures if you didn't come. By the way, why did you come? Not saying I don't want you here, because I'm glad you are."

"You're welcome, and because JC asked if I could help him make some weird cooking video for his channel, you never know when this house will actually catch on fire."

"Well, at least the first two times wasn't me!"

*•*•*•*•*Two days later*•*•*•*•*

We were on our way to the airport, everyone was going to their hometowns for Thanksgiving today, Kian, Sam, and Trevor all had their families in California, but they were tagging along to the drive to the airport so we could all say bye there.

It was early Saturday morning, about 5:00? Who even knows, I'm way too tired to even try to think if I'm even in the car. With the correct suitcase.

"I neeeeedd my blanket, I'm not leaving without it," I tell Dad.

"Okay, fold it up and we'll put it in your suitcase." I try to help him, but I can barely keep my eyes open, so I just let him do the work.

"Yeah, we'll get you Starbucks when we get past security, maybe that'll help," Dad says, taking my suitcase and putting it in the trunk.

I climb into the back where I've decided is going to be my special spot in the car, the back row in the right seat because I can. And I just like the right better than left. Kian was driving everyone to the airport, which meant I really had to make sure I wasn't going to die before getting on my first plane ride.

Trevor sits in front of me again, and I would poke him, but I'm too tired to correctly function.

Trevor looks behind at me."Aww KT is too tired to annoy anyone today."

I suddenly get the urge to fight back. I lick the palm of my hand and try to touch him. "The power of the force!"

He tries to duck down and move away so my hand doesn't touch him. "Ew, ohmigawd don't touch me with your hand!"

I wipe my hand on my shirt and smile. "That's what I thought."

When we arrive, I'm awake, not completely awake but about 80% of my body is. I hop out through the trunk and take my suitcase and a little bag I brought to put my phone and iPod in.

"Here, I'll help you with that," Sam takes my suitcase and rolls it for me.

"Thank youuuu," I say and skip my way in, following the guys. We get to the lobby area where we all have to say goodbye and that's when my feelings go from normal little girl to sad little girl.

I hug everyone and a kiss on the cheek and tell them I'll miss them. I go to Trevor last, and we say goodbye.

"It's only a week and a half, time will go by before you know it," Trevor smiles with some sadness in his facial expression.

"Well I think I'll miss you more than I think I should," I hug him and he hugs me back.

"Don't worry, I'll be right here and we can text and stuff every night, despite the short time difference."

I look up at him. "Promise?"

"Promise."

I give him a little kiss on the lips and make my way over to Dad.

I wave back at everyone and Jc does the same and I follow wherever Dad goes.

We pass by security and everything. By the time we're sitting at our gate, waiting for them to call our flight, it's about 9:00.

"Daddy, I'm hungryyyy," I complain.

"We still have about an hour until the plane comes, so we can go eat at some restaurant," he stands and we gather our stuff to go look for a decent place to eat breakfast.

We eat at a McDonalds and we go back to our gate to hear them announce that they would be boarding our flight just after five minutes of waiting.

Dad and I get in the line, sitting in first class, we were boarding first. I hold his hand and look up at him.

"Are you sure we won't die? What if the plane crashes and lands in the middle of the ocean? What if the gummy worms are alive and decide to take over the plane?"

Dad chuckles a little. "I'm 99% sure we won't die. We're not flying over the ocean, it's just a two hour flight over New Mexico and Arizona. And gummy worms aren't alive."

"So you're not 100% sure? And who knows, maybe they are alive. When me and Lia find out they are, we'll be famous, just you wait," I say.

We laugh and get on the plane, with our suitcases in the things above our heads and me sitting in the window seat. Riding a plane is very exciting and scary.

"Hear, chew gum or eat chocolate so your ears don't get all weird while we're in the atmosphere," Jc offers me a piece of gum.

I take it and I buckle my seat belt. The plane takes off after about 10 minutes and we're in the air, the pretty clouds out the window. This might not be too bad.