Chapter 52

Kirstie's POV

We end up watching a couple of movies. After Inside Out, which was absolutely AMAZING AND SWEET AND MADE ME CRY, we had a lot of time to do whatever we wanted for the rest of the afternoon. So we watched other movies that were currently playing like Pitch Perfect 2 and some scary movie I forgot the name of.

It was getting late and, because it was hot outside today, we decided to invite the girl squad over and play in the pool. We were on our way home, me sitting in dad's lap again hoping we don't get caught by the police cuz I'm pretty sure this is illegal or at least not safe but, oh well. My dad's a rebel.

"Kirstie, we have something to talk to you about," he says. Oh gosh.

"Yeeeeesssssss..?" I say with a hint of fear in my mind.

"Don't worry, it isn't a bad thing. Well, hopefully. Because you've gone through so much already, we feel kinda bad for putting this on you too. But, we're going on tour soon and you are gunna have to come with us to travel the country, starting with Hawaii." Travel the whole country??

My face lights up. "I've never been anywhere besides California. I mean, I learned the states and saw those pretty sunset Tumblr pictures of Hawaii and Florida and stuff but never been anywhere. I want to go!" They all laugh at my response.

"That's good then. I'll make this a little break for you then, you don't have to do your online school for the whole tour."

This makes me say yay and put my hands in the air, while accidentally softly punching Sam who was next to me in the face. And once again, everyone laughs.

I cover my mouth with my hands to keep myself from laughing. "Im sorry, Sam."

Thankfully, it doesn't hurt him and he's laughing too. "It's fine, you're too weak to be able to hurt anything anyways."

"Excuse me, but I take that to offense, even though it is.. sadly true. But if I have to, I will use all my strength to hit a guy in the balls. If I have to."

We reach the house and split up to go change and start getting ready for tonight. I put on my swimsuit and one of Trevy's big shirts I stole and make my way to the kitchen. Kian was setting up snacks on the table and Sam was ordering pizza, the usual.

Soon, everyone was downstairs setting things up. I didn't really help, I just kinda walked around, watching everyone do their thing. I was also bored to death. So I picked up a random camera, who knows who's it is, and press record.

"So, I have no idea who's camera this is, but I'm taking it and I'm going to vlog. Is that the right word? I don't know. Anyways, everyone is busy because they're getting food ready because the 'girl squad' is coming to play in our pool. That's what I call all the guys' girlfriends and girl friends as in friends who are girls, hopefully that made sense."

I walk the heavy camera into the kitchen where Connor is sitting on the counter while eating his Nutella and Ricky on his phone, lying on the ground with Kian and Hazel. While there are perfectly good chairs right there in front of them.

"Wow, I live with a really weird family," I say, moving the camera to show my lovely brothers/dads or whatever they are supposed to be to me. I take a spoon from the drawers and take a scoop of Nutella from Connor.

"Fine, I'll share this time," Connor says letting go of the medium sized tub and letting it sit on the counter.

"Who says this is sharing? I'm just simply taking back what should have been mine in the first place," I smile innocently at him. He glares at me. Oh Connor.

I take one last scoop and leave the kitchen happily, following the music that was being blasted in the living room.

Like an astronaut that's scared of heights

With a heart that's beating at the speed of light

You've been waiting for this feeling you're whole life

Sometimes it's just hard to realize

When you're stuck in a moment
And you're spark has been stolen

This is our time to own it
So own it

Sam, Ricky, and Trevor pause to stand on the table like its a stage then start screaming again.

Fire and Gold in our eyes, eyes
With Fire and Gold in our eyes, eyes

Got lightning in a bottle, hands on the throttle
Even in the dust we shine

With Fire and Gold in our eyes

I use my open hand to try and clap but I fail and almost drop the camera until Trevor runs over to catch it.

"KIRSTIE WHY'D YOU TAKE MY CAMERA," he yells.

I shrug my shoulders, "I mean, nobody was playing with me and I was really bored so I did what every little kid does. Take other people's things to entertain myself." I stop recording and he takes his camera back.

"So you mean take my things and have fun with it without asking, yeah ok," he says, examining it to make sure I didn't break the camera. Well, I should've known it was his because I did take it when I was in his room while taking one of his shirts..

"Well to be honest, I guess I did take some of Connor's Nutella too.."

"That explains the chocolate on your face," Ricky says, still dancing on the table with Sam.

Trevor sighs. "At least you didn't break it. What were you doing with it anyway?"

"Well.. I was bored so I started to make a video, vlogging or whatever you guys call it," I sniffle.

"Aww, don't cry. I didn't mean to yell at you."

"No, it's not that. I cry for a lot of things, even for the smallest things. Sometimes I just can't help it. If I need to cry, I will. It's not that you yelled at me, I think it's just cuz I feel bad but I'm okay," I tell him, not making eye contact because looking at the situation makes it worse.

Trevor pauses for a second, then takes my hand and pulls me to his room. He brings me in and softly closes the door. He sets his camera down on his table before coming over back to me and he takes both of my hands in his.

"You know, for being just a little girl, as many people see you as, you're really cute. It really is different with you. A good different."

This makes tingles rise to my face and give heat to my cheeks. I smile at the ground. I think someone would be offended if someone told that to them but to me, I take it as a compliment.

"And what makes it even cuter is that you decided to wear my shirt. It looks better on you then on me."

I finally look up at him. I've never been in love before, so that also means I'm new to the whole "flirting" thing. What the heck am I supposed to do??

Trevor laughs and I'm confused. "You just mumbled you're thoughts again."

"Heh.. oh. Wow I really need to learn to not say my thoughts." The doorbell rings from downstairs.

"We should get going, they're all coming soon," Trevor says. I nod and we go downstairs, hand in hand.