Chapter 39

Jc's POV

I wake up next morning to kids screaming and jumping on the couch to get me awake. Wonder who.

I groan and cover my face with the blanket. "Stop and let me enjoy my sleep."

"And you guys call me the lazy one. At least I got up at a pretty normal time because the jet lag kinda actually helped. I got up at 8:30, which means it's about 10:30 over in L.A., but I mean that's there," Kirstie rambles.

"Come on Jc, mom and dad told us that when you wake up, we can have breakfast and then they'll tell us the surprise!" I can practically hear Joey smile in excitement.

"If only we had brought Vega with us instead of making Lia take care of her. I could just take her and put her on your face right now," Kirstie says, and they all start jumping up and down again. "Wait, now that I think about it... WISHBONE WHERE ARE YOUUUU?"

"JCCCCCCC YOU'RE SO LAZYYY IT'S 10:00 AND WE WANNA KNOW WHAT THE SURPRISE IS!!" Jaylyn screams.

I finally give in and sigh. "Fine, but just because I love all four of you too much, and now that I'm awake, I doubt I will be able to fall asleep again anyways."

They all cheer and run into the kitchen, Joey almost falling over from accidentally tripping over a hungry Wishbone that was begging for food. I couldn't bring Vega, but I had to bring at least bring Wishbone, because he's my little buddy for everything.

I yawn and stretch my arms above my head as I walk in, still about 10% of my body asleep. "Good morning."

My mom turns around from her cooking and smiles. "Good morning Jc, did you sleep well on the couch?"

"Yeah it wasn't actually that bad, living with 3 other guys and now with Kirstie made me get used to falling asleep on couches."

"Well, I mean you have a bed, if you weren't so LAZY you could just walk up the stairs into your room," Kirstie giggles. It's nice to see that she's already used to my family, now her own family too, because usually she's too shy to talk around new people. But seeing she's acting herself makes me happy.

"Well you have a bed too, you're just lucky that you can fall asleep anywhere and we're all nice enough to carry you into bed. Maybe I should start being more strict about some things?" I tease her, obviously joking.

She shakes her head really fast, "Noooooo I'm good, I like this Jc."

"Yeah, I like this Jc too because he's funny and stupid sometimes, but he's cool and stuffffffff," Ava laughs in her chair.

We all sit at the table, luckily fitting everyone in at once, and we eat toast and bacon and scrambled eggs. It's a lot better than eating pancakes almost everyday.

"Can we know the surprise nowwwww?? Pretty please?" Jaylyn begs.

Mom and dad look at each other, smiling. "We thought that since we don't get much rain and it's really hot today, that we should go to the water park!" My dad excitedly says.

"YAYYYY I CAN'T WAIT!" They all cheer and scream.

"Wait, are you talking about that water park that's like an hour away that you took me to when I was little?" I ask with hope in my voice.

My mom grins and nods her head. I smile even bigger because it was my favorite place when I was younger. We could only go on special occasions, before Jaylyn and Joey were all born because after that, my parents were too busy to ever go again.

"You've been there before? Without ME?" Joey asks.

I chuckle at his little statement. "Before any of you guys were born, we went on very special days, and it's HUGE with a lot of water slides and the middle area is a big swimming pool that all of the water slides end in, except for some of the really big ones and the tiny baby ones."

"That sounds so COOL! I WANNA GO NOW!" Kirstie exclaims.

"We have to eat first so we have energy to play, ok? If you don't finish eating, you can't go," my mom says. One of the oldest tricks in parenting to get a kid to eat. I could learn some things from her.

<~><~><~><~><~><~>

After breakfast, everyone went their own ways to get ready. I took my swimsuit and a t-shirt from my suitcase from my room and go to the bathroom down the hall from my room so Kirstie could get ready in my room. I brush my teeth and take a quick shower. I change into my swim shorts and put the shirt over my head and fix my hair into its poof.

My room is open now, so I quickly grab my flipflops and head downstairs where my parents are packing the car with pool tubes, snacks, and drinks. The kids are playing around in the yard and I feel a little tap on my back. Ava was behind me, now running away, screaming that I was it. I'm guessing tag, so I chase them around until dad calls us all into the car.

Kirstie's POV

After breakfast, which was really good, I dash up the stairs with Jaylyn, Joey, Ava, and Jc running up behind me and go strait into Jc's room. He comes in and takes his stuff, telling me that I could get ready in his bathroom.

I get my swimsuit, the light yellow two-piece with a skirt and a cat face on it and change. I braid my hair in a french braid and wear white sandals I got at the mall a little while back.

I walk out, seeing Jaylyn finished just now too, and catch up to her walking down the stairs.

"I'm so excited! This is my first time going to a water park and the way dad described it sounds like it's going to be fun," I smile.

"Oh my god I want to ride a big waterslide, but I'm kinda scared. But I really want to. UGHH THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!"

"Me too, I want to but I don't want to because I don't want to die. Maybe we could make dad ride one and see what he thinks? Wait no... he's probably going to love it because he loves it there."

"Then if you ride one, I'll ride it too?"

We laugh a little. "Deal."

We get outside in the hot weather to see Joey and Ava playing tag and grandma and grandma packing the trunk with iceboxes and pool stuff.

Jaylyn and I join them and we start to run from Ava. We laugh and have fun until Jc comes outside and Ava tags him.

"YOU'RE IT!!"

We scream as he starts to chase us around. I split up from them all and hide around the corner of the house. I may have just turned 12 years old, but it doesn't mean I can't play stupid games like this. You can't ever be old to play little kid games.

"Let's go guys!" I hear grandpa yell.

I crawl out of my hiding spot and I run to the car. Grandpa was driving, grandma was in the seat next to him, dad, Joey, and Ava sat in the middle row, and Jaylyn and I sit in the back. I like sitting in the back of a car, it's just always more fun.

JC turns the radio on and we obviously start to sing along. It's one of those things you always have to do in a car to make it not that awkward. Jaylyn and I sing along and dance in the back together. Ava has already fallen asleep and Joey was playing a game on his iPad. Jc was making snapchat stories and tweeting a bunch of things.

When we get there, I've surprisingly survived the ride without sleeping at all. I step out of the car, stretching my arms from sitting down for an hour and the heat was burning me.

"LET'S GO!!!" We all scream and run into the lobby with dad, grandma and grandpa walking behind us carrying the stuff we brought.

Joey and I breath a sigh of relief when we feel the cool air conditioning hits our face.

"Oh my gosh I thought I was going to get cooked," Joey grins.

Grandpa leads us to the front desk and we recieve colored wristbands and split up into the girls and boys bathrooms.