Chapter 49

Kirstie's POV

I can't help but stutter on my words. "W-wait.. so then... y-you're my.."

"I'm you're mother.. Kirstie, I know it's hard to believe but I truly am. I can tell you everything. If... your new family doesn't believe me then I would understand because I have no evidence to show I am your mother, but... I just came to see how you're doing.

"I asked Ms. Rose, at the adoption center your biological dad and I left you at, where you were and she told me that you were adopted. She told me by a man named Justin Caylen, and we were able to track you down," she says on the verge of tears.

"Kirstie probably has questions so please, come in," dad says. We go into the the living room and settle down on the couches. I sit next to dad on one couch and my.. mom sits down on a single person couch next to us.

I decide to start asking. "How come only you came and not with my biological dad..?"

She sighs. "He died last summer due to cancer. He had been smoking for a couple years now and died from lung cancer."

"I wish I could've met him.."

This goes on for about 20 minutes. I ask her questions about my life, dad is quietly listening, and my mom answers. I was put in the adoption center because my family didn't have much and my mom was in the hospital for a couple weeks after I was born because of a tumor in her body, and my dad couldn't take care of both of us and his work. I am an only child, and the rest of my grandparents and aunts and uncles live in other places around the world. Then comes a question I was waiting for, but it doesn't come out of my mouth or my mom's. It comes out of dad's.

"Kirstie... now that you and your real mom are reunited... do you.. want to go back with her?" he says, trying not to cry.

My words can't come out of my mouth. Either because I'm frozen in place or because I'm still sick.

"I..I don't...know..."

"You don't have to come with me, I just came to see how you are.. you probably are more used to living a happy life here where you get everything you need and people around you who really love you. I should probably go back home now, it was nice to you happy and living a good life Kirstie." Mom gets up and takes her purse and heads to the door.

"Wait.. mom. I... I want to go with.. you," I manage to say, not making eye contact with dad.

"Really??" She breathes, her face showing, 'I can't believe it.'

Dad speaks up behind me. "I'm.. okay with it. She needs you more than we need her..."

"Are you sure..?" mom asks and I look behind me and see dad nodding, tears coming out of his eyes. "Then.. Kirstie you should stay here for a couple more days and.. I'll come to get you and your things on Monday morning."

I sigh,"Okay."

0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

It's Sunday night and I'm finishing up my packing and crying my eyes out. The girls, Trevor, and Sam were sleeping over tonight to say goodbye tomorrow.

"How's everything going? You okay?" Trevor walks in my room.

I sniffle. "Everything hurts."

"Things will get better, you'll love living with your mom. I'll visit as often as I can or we can talk over Skype," he says hugging me.

"I hope so."

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The last goodbyes are the worst. I watch the O2L house get smaller as my mom drives away. She doesn't live too far away, which I'm thankful for.