Chapter 45

*Kirstie's dream* (X-mas Eve night)

We, as in the lady, man, and I, were playing in what I think is snow. We're building snowmen, catching snow with our tongues, and having snowball fights behind trees and walls made out of snow. It was happy. Everything and everyone was happy.

The lady and I were on a girls team, while the man was on the other side of a wall we built on his own team. We were having a snowball fight, and making a bunch of snowballs to throw. I started throwing over the wall.

We were screaming and having the time of our lives. He threw a couple snowballs at me but I dodged them. I picked them up and threw them back but he dodged them too, and started running away.

I threw farther and farther, determined to hit him and as he threw a couple back, a car was coming around the corner. He didn't see it.

I heard a loud beep from the car and a crash.

"Wake up, it's just a dream," I open my eyes with tears streaming down my face, as dad was comforting me.

"He.. died. Right in front... of.. me," I manage to whisper out through my sniffles.

"Who?"

"That man..." I start to cry again.

"Shh.. it's ok."

I sit up and hug dad. He hugs me back and kisses my forehead. My sobs finally come to a stop after a minute or two and I look at up dad.

"I love you and all of the guys so much.."

He smiles at me. "We love you very, very much.. and you're lucky you were a good girl because.. I think Santa came last night..."

My smile grows big and I get up and run down the stairs. I dash through the the hall and into the living room. I stop as I see a bunch of presents under the tree. Connor, Kian, and Ricky were sitting on the couches, talking.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS KIRSTIE!!" Connor screams.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!!" I scream as I throw my hands in the air.

"Someone special came last night," Ricky says pointing under the tree.

I walk over to it and sit on the ground. "I know. Daddy already told me. I thought we weren't going to put any presents under the tree until everyone came, but whatever. CAN I OPEN THEM NOW PLEASEEE??!?" I look at them as dad walks in the room.

Dad shakes his head. "No, we have to wait until everyone comes later."

I groan and roll my eyes. "Pleaseeee I'm boredddddd. Aaannddd I want to."

I watched them all give each other looks and stuff. It's like they were talking with their heads to each other. What, is there some kind of thing only adults can do where they talk without their mouths to each other so kids can't hear them?!?

"You guys look crazy. Is there some secret telekinesis thing adults do so the kids don't understand and can't hear them??" I ask.

"Hah yeah, we totally have telekinesis and can totally talk to each other without moving our mouths," Kian says, obviously joking.

"So then can I open my presents nowwww? It means you guys can open yours from Santa too," I say as I'm now lying on the bare ground. Vega comes walking to me and lies down with me. I'm just hoping Hazel doesn't come running up to me and crushing me.

Dad finally sighs. "Ok but don't make a huge mess-"

"YAYYYY!!" I sit up and look for the presents with my name on them.