Chapter 51

Kirstie's POV

My eyes slowly flutter open but I shut them quickly because the sunlight kills my eyes. At least I know it's a happy, sunny day and not rainy. Well, it never rains in California though, so it's always this way.

I finally open my eyes completely to see Trevy still sleeping, quietly snoring away in his own world turned away from me. Rude.

Well he woke me up with a song yesterday, and I should probably return the favor. I can at least sing in front of him without a care.. right?

Right. Okay I can do this. He wouldn't judge me, at least not in a bad way. Would he? Probably not. But what if he does? Or at least comments about what I do and unintentionally actually offends me? Would it then be awkward so I just have to walk out and lock myself in my room to just sit there and think about it?

I overthink things way too often. And I think to myself a lot. I'm done now. Here goes nothing. The words come out like that and... I love it.

I'll be the wind tonight
You'll be the rain
We'll be a symphony hurricane

Come run away with me come take my hand
I'll be forever from now till the end

Somewhere, out there
Is what you want what you want it
Somewhere, out there

I stop to stand up on the bed.

NOW DANCE

And then I start jumping on the bed like the child I am to get Trevor up. I look over and he's smirking with his eyes closed. I thought I heard someone humming.

"You did good KT," he says looking up at me.

I flash him a little smile and take a bow. "Thank you, thank you very much."

"And the fact you're in your little onesie made it more adorable. You know, I would kiss you right now but you're up there and I'm down here, Juliet."

Woah.

I feel the heat on my face and a chill run down my spine. I didn't know there was a Flirty Romeo-Trevor?!? Now what am I supposed to say to him?? Yeah, starting to overthink again.

"Uh.. I-I um... okay."

I swear my mind and my mouth hate me.

Luckily, he just thinks it's cute and chuckles. I jump off the bed and grab Pinkie, who was on the ground, and go back on the bed and lie down next to Romeo facing up, staring at the ceiling and let out a breath. I can feel him watching me.

"What are you thinking about?" he asks.

"How did you know I was thinking of something?"

"Because you usually sigh once and stare at something that doesn't move like a wall and just sit there until reality snaps you out of it."

"Well, I think many people do the same when they're thinking."

"Ugh, whatever just tell me what you were thinking about. I wanna know," he says poking my cheek.

I hold back a smile. "Okay then. I was just wondering.. What would it feel like to go to a public school? Like, that place where you can meet people and make friends, get homework almost every day, and be.. social."

"You make it sound like it's a good thing. There's a lot more going on between the lines of the fun stuff. I've heard there's a lot of drama, really rude people, strict teachers, and the homework is the most boring part."

"Yeah well, it's just a thought. Speaking of thoughts, I wanna watch Inside Out. It looks cute and happy." Look at me and my mind getting off topic so easily. I have such a short attention span, I probably got it from Con.

"Well, we aren't doing anything today. You wanna go with some of the others?" I jump up and smile and nod to answer his question.

We both get up and I leave the room for the kitchen as Trevor sets up the bed again. I don't know why people make their beds every morning, it's such a pain. You make it look nice for a couple hours, ruin it for maybe a nap, when you want to go on your phone or computer on the bed, or just when you sleep AGAIN and just ruin the bed you made. Then the whole cycle starts again. What's the point of making your bed, honestly?

"Morninggggg," I say walking past the living room and into the kitchen, starting my usual morning routine. I'M STARTING TO SOUND LIKE A BEAUTY GURU. My mind really hates me.

"Gooooood morning, my princess" dad says, picking me up and kissing my cheek as I giggle, the sounds of Connor, Ricky, and Sam yelling at each other while playing MarioKart in the background. Kian had left early in the morning to go film a movie.

"Me and Trevor were talking, and he says we're not doing anything today. Can we all go watch Inside Out??"

He chuckles. "Sure, whatever you want."

Whatever I want, huh? "Then can I have a car?"

He tilts his head and gives me a 'Really?' look. "What do you think the answer is?"

I shrug my shoulders. "Worth a shot."

"Headaches. You give me HEADACHES!" He says while shaking me. We watched some Drake and Josh episodes last week so we've been saying references to each other. We both laugh at his Josh quote and he puts me down.

I make myself a bowl of cereal (I made sure it was Frosted Flakes, not the weird healthy ones that Connor and Ricky eat) and joined the rest of the guys in the living room. I finished eating, drinking the sugary milk of course because if I didnt, that would be wasting food, and went back upstairs to get ready. Everyone else started to get dressed soon after.

I brushed my teeth with my strawberry flavored toothpaste dad finally got me because I kept complaining that the adult one was just too minty and stung my tongue A LOT. I get dressed into a turquoise dress with white flowers all over and simple black Converse. I flip my head upside down and tie my hair into a high ponytail so it wouldn't be in my face all day.

Once everyone came out, we piled into Ricky's car, Ricky obviously driving, Connor in shotgun, then dad, Trevor, and Sam in the middle seat leaving me to be alone in the back. Time for fun.

"Kirstie, I swear to god if you poke me I will bite your finger," Sam laughs, sounding a bit serious.

"You know what, Kirstie, come here and sit in my lap so you don't bother them," dad says as I sigh and jump out through the trunk and hop in the middle seats in his lap.

"Thanks for ruining my fun.." I say quietly to myself.

"I may not be an experienced father, but I can ground you," he warns me as I keep pouting. "Come on, don't pout. It's supposed to be a fun day. I'll buy you candy when we get there!"

I smile slowly. "You know just how to bribe a child."

"It's my job to know what my own daughter and my siblings like."

Ricky has started the car and was driving out of the driveway. Connor turned up the radio and we had fun on the 5 minute drive to the movie theatre.