Chapter 15

Jc's POV

I felt really bad for doing this...

But it's just what I should do... for Kirstie.

She's gotta have a good friend that will and can play with you and keep you company. She's just gotta have the best because she's my little princess.

Kirstie's POV

Well... they don't need me here... Right?

They wouldn't mind if I walked out for a while cuz they were going to send me back anyways.

I've had a good month of freedom...

I took my phone and went out the door. I knew there was a beach nearby because Trevor was kind enough to show it to me after I unpacked and stuff at night the day I came.

I got to the beach and I was wearing short shorts and one of Ricky's tank tops with flip flops. Hopefully I don't get sand in my butt.

I sat down and started to daydream.

Connor's POV

Jc was driving the car with me in the passenger seat to meet with Sophia and the kittens. I had Cloud his cage in my lap.

Poor little Cloud...

Jc and I were going to choose another kitten and return Cloud because there was something wrong we found with him. He wouldn't eat, only drank a little water, and wouldn't do anything except lay around.

Jc didn't want to give Kirstie a sick little kitten. So we are choosing another one and giving Cloud back so maybe the mother cat can help or the vet.

We get to the vets and see Sophia through the window. She was going through her phone with the cats next to her except for the mom who was in her lap.

"Hey Sophia! We brought Cloud..." I hand her the cage with him sleeping in it.

"Aww... poor him. Well the doctor and I were just waiting for you guys so we can go into the room we went in last time," Sophia says. We walk through the door into the hall and walk in the room from last time. The doctor was already in the room waiting for us.

"Ah ok, you're here. Where is the poor guy?" Sophia hands Cloud's cage to the doctor and he opens the latch and takes Cloud out.

"Yes, according to this sheet, when we gave his check up, we found that something was wrong but didn't know at the moment. Maybe we will now that it's been a couple days," the doctor says as he brings some tools.

Jc, Sophia, and I wait patiently as the doctor goes to give Cloud a shot.

"You may wait in the waiting room, if that's more comfortable for you. This might take a while," the doctor says checking Cloud's ears.

"I'll stay here in the room, you guys can go to the waiting room," Sophia says, softly petting the mom cat.

"Well, okay then. Tell us when it's almost done," Jc says opening the door for us.

About an hour later, Sophia comes out telling us to come waving her hand.

Jc and I walk to the room again and Cloud is sleeping on the table with the kittens and the mom on the floor playing around.

"Is he ok, doctor?" I ask.

He sighs,"Well he is very weak because apparently he has been sick for a couple weeks and a very slight chance he may die. But if he eats good food and sleeps a lot, he will most likely get well and live a long happy life."

"Well, if we keep him and he does die, Kirstie would be crushed. Plus Kian's getting a dog and we have Wishbone," Jc says.

"Are you sure you're going to get another one for Cloud?" I ask.

Jc thinks for a second and replies,"Well, whatever I have to do to make Kirstie's birthday special and not filled with sadness. I guess I'll just choose one of these little guys instead." Jc sits and plays with the kittens for a while and I play with them too when finally, Jc picks up the little orange cat I loved.

"I choose this little fella," Jc says, petting Pumpkin.

"YAY PUMPKIN! OHMIGAWSh I wuv youuuuu!" I say carefully taking Pumpkin out of Jc's hands.

"Yeah but I'm changing the name when I sign those new papers!"

I frown. "But WHYYYY," I whine like the child I am.

"Because I don't think Kiki would like a cat named after coffee."

"UH EXCUSE ME its a latte," I correct him.

Jc simply rolls his eyes and begins to sign a bunch of stuff.

Sophia says,"What should I feed Cloud? Is it safe to give him normal cat food or...?"

"Give him normal cat food but just a little at a time, giving him a little more each day, so he gets used to eating it and slowly get healthier," the doctor replies.

"But wait, what should we feed our new kitten?" I ask.

"Just do the same I just said and he should be fine but if he maybe throws up or doesn't eat, try a different brand," the doctor responds as Jc finished the last paper. He hands the packet to the doctor and smiles.

"What's Pumpkin's new name?" Sophia asks Jc.

"Well I thought of Vega, cuz why not?" Jc simply says.

"Uh well ok then," I say feeling a buzz come from my phone.

I take it out of my right butt pocket and check the text.

Rickster⭐️- KIRSTIE'S GONE SHES NOT HOME IN HER ROOM OR ANYWHERE

.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIANIOUS (I <3 Joey Graceffcjskcjsowhfna btw :))

142 READS.

Thank you SOSOSOSOSOOOO much I actually thought I wasn't even going to reach 100 for a while but WE DID IT!

I'm thankful for:

-Youtube(ers)
-My friends/family (pretty cliché)
-Christmas (yeah I might have an obsession...)
-And you guys who read this story because I never knew people would actually care to read this book ;)

So thank yuuuuuu!!