6

Halloween had to be the Marauder's favorite holiday. They would always try and one up each other's costumes (except for Remus who said he dressed up as a werewolf each year when he wore his everyday clothes). Even though it was a Sunday, the Gryffindors were throwing their annual party that doubled as Sirius' birthday party. As it was his seventeenth, it was a big deal since he was officially of age. 

James dressed up as Dumbledore with long periwinkle robes that glittered in the light, a long white beard with a ribbon tied around the end, an extravagant hat that matched his clothes, and the signature glasses to top it all off. 

Peter went as a Tin Man from some Muggle movie he'd seen with his father. His skin was painted a dazzling silver and silver clothes that had been charmed to look just like metal, clanking as he walked. 

Sirius was David Bowie. He had the lightning bolt going through his eye, his hair was slicked back, and he clearly went with the Space Oddity album as he wore an orange astronaut suit. He was going with a music theme as he was Freddy Mercury the year before. 

"You can't wear that Moony!" Sirius whined as he looked at his boyfriend's crème jumper and dark brown trousers. 

"I'm a were--"

"We know," they all rolled their eyes. Sirius continued to complain until Remus spelled a piece of paper with the word 'John' to his shirt. 

"So," Peter said with a confused look. "You're being John for Halloween?"

"No," he sighed. "I'm a werewolf named John."

"It'll have to do," Sirius shook his head in faux disappointment, but he honestly didn't expect anything else from his Moony. "We have to get going. We are already. . . twenty minutes late to our own party!" 

"If you hadn't spent so much time on your hair--"

"Leave my hair out of this!" Sirius pointed a threatening finger at James who held his hands up in surrender.

They raced down the stairs to join the very full common room. People from every House, they invited a few Slytherins in hopes that Lacerta or Regulus would show, were joined together as they danced to an ABBA record. Mary MacDonald was in charge of the music since she had the best taste and Marlene was in charge of mixing drinks. 

Usually, Lily would help them with their makeup, but James didn't want to make things awkward so they figured it out on their own. 

The girls had done a group costume, each wearing a different colored dress that went mid thigh and had puff sleeves. They each had a sparkly wand with matching wings. Mary had went with a bright yellow with glittery eyeshadow over her eyes. Marlene went with a pastel blue that matched her eyes and had her hair pulled back with a matching hairband. Lily was in a light pink that seemed to not clash with her red hair.

Marlene ran over to them, throwing her arms around James and Sirius. "You should've done a sexy Dumbledore. Shorter robes and fishnets!"

"How much have you drank so far?" he laughed at her. 

"Like two. . . or maybe twenty," she giggled. "Sirius! It's our song!"

They were used to her saying that to every song, but her energy was so contagious that they never complained when she dragged them off to dance to 'their song.' 

They had already given Sirius his presents. Lots of Muggle clothing and records but his favorite had undoubtedly been the watch given to him by Fleamont and Euphemia Potter. He had went to the bathroom shortly after where they were sure he cried. 

James looked around the room for the one girl he wanted to dance with that night, but he was quickly dismayed when he couldn't find her. Needing a drink, he went over to try some of the spiked orange punch Marlene had made. It was sour and seemed to burn his tongue as he drank it.