Chapter 11 - Chapter 20

Chapter 11: As A Guest

Since he had already agreed to be a guest at Old Li's house, Yang Chen naturally wouldn't forget that, as to keep his promise is what men need in their character to be great.

Yang Chen once again exaggerated a small thing to the extent of being the ultimate glory of the human civilization.

Due to being broke, and being unwilling to stay any longer with that frosty yet crazy and beautiful girl named Lin Ruoxi, Yang Chen chose to return home on foot. Since the journey wasn't long, and with Yang Chen's physical abilities being way beyond ordinary people's imaginations, this journey home didn't require much effort.

It was already evening, thus after taking a shower at home, Yang Chen once again opened his wooden chest, swept his gaze across it, then extracted a pale blue white-striped shirt and a pair of classic pure white shorts for his lower half. After buttoning some of his buttons at the wrong places, Yang Chen took a look at his reflection on the cracked mirror on the wall, at long last. He looked a little handsome.

The room still permeated a faint smell of fragrant jasmine left by Lin Ruoxi, Yang Chen deeply inhaled, thinking of how tomorrow he has to marry a woman he hasn't even known for more than a day, finding it funny. However, once he thought of how Lin Ruoxi's resolute eyes that made his frozen heart turn scorching hot, Yang Chen then felt strange feeling of intimacy birth within him towards that outrageously beautiful woman.

Was he trying to compensate? Or was she truly that much different from others? Yang Chen did not know, which was why he decided to marry her, and let time give him the answer as to what kind of feelings he had for her.

Old Li's house wasn't far, but without a any form of transport, Yang Chen could only use his two legs to make his way there. In the end he walked for half an hour before arriving. That was an old residential area in the West region, surrounded by civilians that lacked the money to move into a new home, generations live in this archaic Jiang Nan-esque area.

After passing by several small houses with smokes coming out of their chimneys, Yang Chen knocked on a very dated red wooden door.

Soon after knocking, the wooden door was opened, beyond the door appeared a youthful and refreshing face, "Big Brother Yang! You're here!"

"Jingjing, long time no see." Yang Chen smiled from his heart, the girl infront had changed a lot in half a year, which made him surprised.

Li Jingjing's face was elegant and refined as usual, with curly eyelashes, a delicate little nose and pleasant little mouth, a typical southern type of girl. Wearing a white short-sleeved T-shirt, and a tight fitting blue jean shorts on her bottom, a pair of beautiful white legs was revealed.

Seeing Yang Chen's eyes sweep up and down with a naughty smile, Li Jingjing felt shy yet at the same time secretly delighted in her heart, she coquettishly said: "Big brother Yang, stop staring and come in."

Yang Chen laughed and said: "Jingjing knows how to feel shy huh, you wouldn't lose a piece of flesh even if big brother looked. Are you afraid your boyfriend gets jealous?"

"What do you mean! I don't have a boyfriend." Li Jingjing immediately denied, eyebrows joining looking a little angry.

"Okay Okay Okay..... I'm just joking with you....." Yang Chen was a little helpless, he obviously could tell what this girl was thinking of, but his was a body filled with dark blood, how could he tarnish such a pure soul? Thus, he always kept his distance and reminded her he was her big brother and will not be the man she was thinking of.