Chapter 1221 - Chapter 1230

Chapter 1221 - The Golden Times

Yang Chen immediately changed his tone and smiled, "But of course, if you disagree, we can still further negotiate..."

"I agree, of course I will," Lin Ruoxi said without any expression, "Go ahead, my brother and I won't die of starvation or get lost without you. Besides, I can just tell Lanlan that her father wants to accompany her aunties instead of her."

Yang Chen gave a wry smile, "Honey, how can you teach your child this? The chubby girl will misunderstand."

"This is not a misunderstanding, you are going to accompany other women," Lin Ruoxi stared at him.

Yang Chen didn't dare to meet her eyes and scratched his head, "It's not what you think. Many of my old friends in Sicily wants me to go take a look, I can't be ditching them right? Just give me a week and I'll be back as soon as I finish my work."

Lin Ruoxi squinted her eyes, " How come Rose and sister Cai Ning can attend but not me and Lanlan?"

Yang Chen quickly waved his hand, "Oh no way, the Mercenary Conference at Sicily Island is mainly about battles. You know Lanlan well enough, the people there are all fierce and courageous, if she went there, it would definitely be trouble."

Lin Ruoxi managed to understand Yang Chen's concern and calmed down a little, but was still quite dissatisfied.

Yang Chen saw the woman pouting her lips slightly and knew that she was almost convinced. As he was about to say something nice, his phone started vibrating.

He took out his phone and saw that it was from Guo Xuehua.

He answered, "Hello, mother? What is it?"

Lin Ruoxi heard that it was from her mother-in-law and listened closely.

After a while, Yang Chen's expression changed, he cut off the call after saying a few words.

"Did I hear something about Yang Lie?" Lin Ruoxi asked worriedly.

Yang Chen didn't deny and nodded, "Mother said that Yang Lie had returned to the Yang residence. He said that he wanted to change for the better and had enrolled into the army once again. The old man wants us to return to Beijing earlier in January, we will be busy before and after the New Years."

"So... what are you thinking, are you really going to kill Yang Lie?" Lin Ruoxi looked at the man anxiously.

Yang Chen kept quiet, his determination in his heart to kill Yang Lie wasn't as strong as before. In fact, Yang Lie didn't bother much about his growth since young and secondly, Yang Chen cared about his family more and more so he didn't want to make things difficult.

However, he still felt strange about Yang Lie's sudden return, although he isn't able to think of a specific reason.

Yang Chen sighed heavily, "Let's see how things goes after returning to Beijing, I shall see what kind of game my brother is going to play. If he can behave from now on, I won't bother to kill him, I can't be letting Lanlan know that her father killed his own biological brother right?"

Lin Ruoxi let out a sigh of relief and showed a faint smile, "Seems like my husband has become mature."

Yang Chen blushed and felt embarrassed, but since he got married and now had a daughter, some changes had taken place in his mentality. He laughed and said, "Back to the previous topic, honey, show me some mercy and give me a few days off. I'll definitely be back on time and we will bring Lanlan back to Beijing. You two can play as much as you want there, alright?"