Chapter 231 - Chapter 240

Chapter 231: Masculinity

The person who came was no other than Cai Yan, also known as Chief Cai, the one who would cause countless troubles for Yang Chen almost every time they met.

However, Cai Yan wasn't wearing a police uniform today. She wore a white, knitted coat with a wide, round neck that revealed the snow-white skin on her bosom, making her look rather seductive. A pair of jeans wrapped around her pair of firm, long and beautiful legs. Her short hair was delicate as ever. However, due to her pale coffee-colored high heel boots, she didn't look like the heroic woman police officer, but an independant white-collar worker in a city.

Comparing the simple dressing up of Lin Ruoxi, it was obvious that Cai Yan spent much effort on her makeover, making her originally inferior look to Lin Ruoxi seem extraordinarily attractive.

"Chief Cai, erm... it's rare to see you here..." Yang Chen said with an unnatural smile. He was worried that Cai Yan came to look for his trouble once again. He didn't want to be arrested to the police station for recordings on a Sunday.

When Cai Yan noticed Yang Chen's defensive expression, grief could be vaguely seen on Cai Yan's face. She said palely, "I came here to look for Ruoxi, to talk about Gao Guoxiong."

Yang Chen paused for a while to recall who Gao Guoxiong was. He was the wealthy Singaporean business who tried to harm Lin Ruoxi two days ago. Currently, he was still being locked up in the police station.

"What is it? What does he want to do again?!" Yang Chen wouldn't forgive the disgusting man who tried to hit on his woman.

Because of what happened in the morning, Lin Ruoxi started treating Yang Chen a little better. She asked gently, "He wants his lawyer to sue me. Yanyan and I will be discussing the legal procedures."

"To sue you?!"

Frustrated, Yang Chen slapped the sofa forcefully. "It's at his advantage that he's not executed by a rifle team yet! If he dares to sue you, I'll kill him in prison!"

Deep down her heart, Lin Ruoxi felt pleased when she saw Yang Chen get this angry. Retaining a serious expression, she said, "What are you talking about? Killing? Killing in prison? Are you in a science fiction movie now?"

Cai Yan looked at Yang Chen with a strange expression. Through the conversations with her elder sister Cai Ning, she had a brief understanding towards Yang Chen's character. She had a feeling that if Gao Guoxiong really dared to sue Lin Ruoxi, he could really die in jail.

"Rest assured, his lawyer rejected his request. Right now, he needs to hire other lawyers from Singapore if he really wants to sue Ruoxi. Now that this case is having this much exposure, I bet no one in China wants to work for him," Cai Yan said smilingly.

"Then why did his Singaporean lawyer reject him?" Yang Chen asked, confused.

Without filtering her thoughts, Cai Yan said, "Don't you know that your wife is a super wealthy woman?'

"Yanyan! The title sounds so horrible!" Blushing, Lin Ruoxi twisted Cai Yan's arm.

After thinking for a short moment, Yang Chen came up with yet another question. "Babe Ruoxi, did you bribe his lawyer?"

Lin Ruoxi got rather embarrassed after being called out by Cai Yan in front of Yang Chen. Lowering her head, she said, "Lawyers need to pay their bills too! Since I'm paying a lot, he's of course listening to me."

"You completely screwed Gao Guoxiong!" Yang Chen said excitedly. Lin Ruoxi definitely had the ability to hire other lawyers, but she deliberately picked Gao Guoxiong's. It wouldn't be a surprise if Gao Guoxiong spat out blood in his prison room.