Chapter 521 - Chapter 530

Chapter 521 - Shell

"Miss, please take a look at this." The man suddenly took a bouquet of colorful flowers tied with a red string. "I believe Miss remembers whom this belongs to."

Lin Ruoxi was shocked as she remembered that it was held by Little Harry earlier. She instantly understood something. Coldly, she asked, "Are you implying that you did something to Harry?!"

"Hehe." The man let out a strange snicker. "The kid is now in our boss's hands. Our boss wants to invite Miss and her friends to come with me. We shall have a chat. When we get what we need... the child will be released."

Not only did Yang Chen and Lin Ruoxi manage to figure out the situation, Stern and Alice knew what the man was implying—it was a kidnap and extortion.

"You guys are really great at spotting 'business opportunities'. It's really impressive that you managed to get your eyes on a little child selling flowers," Yang Chen said with a strange smile, "but I believe you're aware that we're completely unrelated to him. What makes you so sure that we will willingly follow?"

"Yes, you will. I saw the affection in this lady's eyes when she was buying flowers earlier." The man licked his lips and revealed an evil smile. "A person as kind as this lady wouldn't leave the pathetic little fellow alone."

Alice hugged Stern tightly when she witnessed the twitching on the man's wicked face. What did it for her was either his ugly face or her fear of him.

Stern realized the situation and laughed awkwardly. "Mr Yang, they're looking for Miss Lin, so I believe that our involvement is not necessary. Since you two are deeply in love, you guys should go. Aren't men supposed to protect women at situations like this? Since I want to keep Alice safe, we shall take our leave."

Having spoken a 'righteous' and 'responsible' speech, Stern planned to carry Alice and escape.

However, before he managed to start running, two tall and strong black men wearing leather jackets suddenly appeared and blocked their way.

The bony man sneered, "Please don't go. If stuff like this is known to anyone else, none of us will benefit. Of course, it's not that I don't trust the two of you, but my boss said that it would work better for him if you came along with us."

When Stern found out that he had no way of escape, he immediately turned around and patted his chest solemnly. "Mr Yang, I feel that only at moments like this will a true friendship be revealed. We'll definitely stand behind you and Miss Lin to provide you with mental support to rescue the child!"

Yang Chen was too lazy to deal with the fickle fellow. Instead, he turned to look at Lin Ruoxi who had ice-cold cheeks at the moment and waited for her to make a decision. He naturally had nothing to be afraid of. On the contrary, he felt rather pleased as this situation made his trip much more interesting than the fashion week could ever bring.

Moreover, Yang Chen didn't think it was an ordinary kidnap. The mastermind behind was what he was actually interested in...

Lin Ruoxi walked forward from behind Yang Chen and faced the bony man. Coldly, she said, "Let's go. Bring us to your boss."

It was a rare occasion in Paris that a child kidnapping case had taken place on the most beautiful street in the world. However, the occasion was just like an obscure singer popping out abruptly to sing an outdated song, inducing disgust.

The skinny man led the way, with the two black men guarding behind. After taking a turn at a relatively deserted corner, they headed to a narrow pathway beside an antique shop.