Chapter 451 - Chapter 460

Chapter 451 - What Matters Most Is

In an office, sat Ning Guangyao whose call was just abruptly ended. He wasn't aware that Lin Ruoxi had fainted as a result of an overload of stimuli.

Ning Guangyao just thought Lin Ruoxi was still mad about Ning Guodong, and him being the father of said rogue, wasn't welcomed. Thus, all he did was shake his head with a bitter smile.

He seemed to have thought of something. Ning Guangyao took out his wallet. This wallet was a little different than most. It wasn't used to contain banknotes, coins or credit cards. It was used to store various commemorative things like pictures, and name cards.

Ning Guangyao took out a laminated picture from the innermost part of the wallet. Over time, the picture had aged and yellowed as a result, but it didn't affect the clarity of the image.

In the picture, a lady, dressed in an old-fashioned skirt, was seated on a stone bench, peacefully reading her book, seeming as though she didn't have a care in the world...

Ning Guangyao stared at the lady for a long time as he got carried away by the memories of the past. Knock! Knock! His door was knocked upon.

Ning Guangyao regained awareness and sneaked the picture back into his wallet before standing up. Smiling, he said, "Cuishan, why have you come to Zhonghai?"

The middle-aged lady with short hair who walked in from the door was dressed in a white, formal western suit and a pair of black high heels. It was obvious the lady took great care in maintaining her outward appearance. Her age couldn't be determined just by the look on her face. She had bright and fair skin and a mature and elegant figure.

She was Ning Guangyao's wife and Ning Guodong's mother—Luo Cuishan.

"Since you and Guodong didn't return to Beijing, all I could do was come over to see what had happened," Luo Cuishan complained as she stared at her husband, but the smile she held was still really warm.

Ning Guangyao behaved much more gentle in front of his wife. His eyes shone with genuine love. "Nothing much happened, don't worry too much. Guodong did something wrong, and I'm here to correct his mistakes. I was planning to fly back to Beijing tonight. I can't afford to be late for the election."

"Yeah, no one ever needs to worry about your work. But please, enlighten me on why you have scolded our son in the way you have" Luo Cuishan said as she felt a heartache. "I went to Guodong's place just now. He looked so dull and soulless. He hadn't appeared this way before in the past."

Anger filled Ning Guangyao's eyes. "Don't mind him. He'll be fine after a while. We made the mistake of spoiling him in the past. He had grown a nasty temper as a result. Go back to Beijing with me in the afternoon. We'll speak of this at a later time."

As soon as he finished speaking, Ning Guangyao walked out of the office. Evidently, he was still irritated for the matter involving Ning Guodong.

Luo Cuishan turned around to gaze upon his husband's back view while he walked outside, while an incomprehensible light filled her eyes.

... ...

Inside Lin Ruoxi's room, the curtains had been pulled open by Yang Chen, allowing the warm afternoon sunlight to enter the room, shining a dim golden light within.

Lin Ruoxi had already woken up from her slumber, but she didn't get out of bed. She silently sat on the bed. Without making any noise, she had her gaze fixed on the group photo on the bedside table.