Chapter 871 - Chapter 880

Chapter 871 - Take Her Around

Yang Chen pouted coyly . "I'm not telling you . But you can bet that mentioning her 'father figure' here would terrify her . "

"Father figure? As in her parents?" Lin Ruoxi was baffled . "Why would that terrify her?"

Yang Chen however casually shrugged as he brushed it off . "Babe, I assure you that there are some things better left unknown . There are things... filthy things which plague this world..."

"Acting all mysterious, fine keep your secrets..."

And at that moment, the crowd faded into silence .

The Cranberries and Lu Yao took the center stage, as the lights dimmed and focused onto them .

The music started playing . It was their well-known classic 'Dreams'...

Dolores, the main vocalist of the Cranberries, was undeniably an inspiration to many global superstars . Many would try to imitate her style .

"Oh, my life is changing every day . In every possible way..."

The melody of the song left some people frozen in awe . Even some of the older fans started humming along .

And right when Dolores brought the first verse to a close, the comparatively silent Lu Yao harmonically picked up where she left .

Lu Yao's pitch was a little scruffy, which was exactly what had brought Yang Chen to criticize that her voice wasn't clear . But it was that husky voice that brought an entirely authentic take to the long-time classic .

Lin Ruoxi brought herself close to Yang Chen's ear as she whispered, "I think she's pretty good . You shouldn't have been so quick to diss her . "

Yang Chen murmured in response . "All I said was that she wasn't as good as Hui Lin . I never said she was bad . Besides, if Hui Lin was on that stage right now, I'm pretty sure she'll do better . "

Lin Ruoxi was dumbfounded . "You talk as if she's your own sister but you never call her . You never bother to check up on her well being . "

"Is that so?" Yang Chen scruffled the back of his head, a long pause ensued before he gave a belated reply, "It just never occurred to me . But I heard that she will be in Zhonghai this month for her tour right? I'll take her around more often then . "

Lin Ruoxi sighed lightly . "You really think so? She's a megastar now . Do you know how many people religiously follow her these days? Her official website has ten million visits every single day . There's no doubt she'll be recognised the moment she steps out of the house . "

The idea of that slipped past Yang Chen as he grumbled . "Well then she has to start cross dressing to avoid getting recognized on the streets . "

Lin Ruoxi reactively knocked her husband with her elbow . "What exactly goes in your head?!"

Yang Chen, however, was proudly smiling at his own wacky idea .

Moments after, Lu Yao's joint performance with the Cranberries had come to a successful close . The crowd went wild with cheers and claps . Even the staff members couldn't help but appraise this bewildering collaboration .

Dolores was in full praise as she hovered over the mic . "Ms Lu Yao sure stands by the title as China's very own queen of pop . You sure have a captivating voice . "