Chapter 281 - Chapter 290

Chapter 281: Visitor

Me right now:

When Li Jingjing suddenly called over, Lin Ruoxi looked much happier. After chatting for a while, she seemed to have agreed to something before ending the call smilingly.

Yang Chen felt quite surprised. When has their relationship improved this much? Did they become good friends due to their common interest in volunteering in the orphanage?

He had purposely drawn the line between him and Li Jingjing because of her parents. Now that the two women became such great friends, he wouldn't ask too many questions.

"Miss, you look really happy. Did a friend call?" Wang Ma asked with a smile. She too hoped that Lin Ruoxi would walk out of the shadow sooner.

Lin Ruoxi nodded. "Yeah, the girl that I mentioned to you last time who's a teacher. She asked if she could visit our house tomorrow. Since it's a weekend, I agreed."

Wang Ma looked like she thought of something. She smiled weirdly as she glanced at Yang Chen before saying, "That's great, then I'll get more cooking ingredients tomorrow."

Yang Chen didn't understand why Wang Ma looked at him that way, but didn't think about it much as well. He was just hesitating if he should avoid Li Jingjing by staying out of the house.

However, when he thought about it more carefully, avoiding her wasn't the right choice. He would just be telling Li Jingjing that he had problems, much worse and direct than the time where he acted like a stranger in front of her.

When they reached their home at Dragon Garden, Wang Ma entered the kitchen as she busied herself while Lin Ruoxi silently walked upstairs out of exhaustion. She directly entered her bedroom instead of going to the study room like usual.

Yang Chen was considering if he wanted to sit down and watch TV while he waited for lunch to be prepared. However, his phone suddenly rang.

Looking at the number, Yang Chen recognized it was Molin, the team leader of Sea Eagles.

"Your Majesty Pluto, a lady who wishes to see you came to find us." Molin sounded rather helpless, like he ran into a problem.

Yang Chen was shocked. Since the lady wanted to meet him but looked for Sea Eagles instead, she was definitely displaying her power.

"What's she called?" Yang Chen asked as he frowned.

"The lady refused to tell us her name. She said you'd know her once you're here," Molin said, displeased.

Yang Chen ended the call and sat on the sofa for a while. He seemed to have guessed who it was.

Seeing the time, it was three hours away from lunch. Since he didn't have to rush, he ran into the kitchen and informed Wang Ma before going out.

Driving to the apartment where Sea Eagles was in, there stood Molin waiting for him at the entrance.

Although it was winter, Molin only wore a white short-sleeve shirt as he stood near the door. He didn't look like he felt cold at all.

"Don't you think you're dressed very weirdly?" Yang Chen asked.

Molin smiled until the wrinkles on his face appeared. "Your Majesty Pluto, the winter in China isn't cold."

Being a special agent who mostly acted in the Arctic Ocean, he wouldn't be affected unless the weather was colder than negative twenty degrees.