Chapter 691 - Chapter 700

Chapter 691 - This Is Official Business

After he had heard that sentence, Yang Chen said without the slightest change in his expression, "The parent company is already in a mess, but our branch company cannot follow in suit. Relay my words, every department should continue doing their jobs and don't discuss baseless gossips."

After hearing his words, Wang Jie nodded and immediately ran out to calm the subordinates down.

An Xin said worriedly, "Hubby, what should we do? Sister Mingyu definitely wouldn't do such a thing. This looks like a premeditated move, trying to frame her."

As Mo Qianni and Liu Mingyu had both come to meet An Xin before, despite working in different buildings, they would still bump into each other occasionally during meetings. Even though they weren't very close, they knew each other to a certain degree.

Yang Chen smiled at An Xin. "Even if the sky was falling, I would still be here to hold it up. Don't worry. Are you afraid that I'll have no money to keep you all alive if the company goes bankrupt? You stay here and help me call the shots. I'm going to the parent company right now to check out the situation."

An Xin nodded obediently. She knew that as the important branch company, they shouldn't be chaotic right now.

More than ten minutes later, Yang Chen stepped into the Yu Lei building. Almost every Yu Lei employee that he bumped into hung a gravely solemn expression on their faces. They were all discussing about the mole in the company and the gloomy future prospects of the company.

Yang Chen asked around for Lin Ruoxi and the other executives' whereabouts. Then he headed straight for the level where the big conference room was at.

No fewer than twenty to thirty Yu Lei executives were already seated in the conference room. Lin Ruoxi, Mo Qianni, Li Minghe, Chris, and also the person in question of this incident Liu Mingyu were all present.

The atmosphere in the conference room was a dark one. Everyone looked awful at the news.

Gloomy clouds overcast Lin Ruoxi's icy cold yet unrivalled beautiful face. She had looks that could kill. Literally.

Mo Qianni, Wu Yue, and the rest sat on the two sides of Lin Ruoxi. They were all silent while their faces were burning with anxiety. Li Minghe, Chris, and the other executives looked equally worried.

Liu Mingyu was the most devastated among them all. Sitting on her seat, she looked like she had lost her mind. She was biting her lips while her hands were holding so tightly onto a pen, looking as though she was about to break it in half!

"What's wrong? Have you all become mute? Say something," Lin Ruoxi said coldly. She wasn't loud, but her words made the temperature in the completely silent conference room drop by a few degrees.

No one could say anything. Everyone's eyes were darting around the room avoiding her gaze and her question.

Lin Ruoxi smiled scornfully. "Why? Aren't you all always very full of opinions? Now that something has gone wrong, why have you all gone dumb?"

There was another round of silence. Finally, one of the executives gulped and said, trembling, "Boss... Boss Lin, I think that there's something odd about this incident. Our company's security is top-notch within the industry. How could someone... how could someone steal such important information and yet not be detected at all?"

Slam!!

Lin Ruoxi slammed one hand on the desk fiercely, making everyone shudder awake!