Chapter 1421 - Chapter 1430

Chapter 1421 - A Dangerous Man

"Eight...eight years...?" Zhang Ru said bitterly, "Eight years ago, both of you were just kids, and barely even 10 years old. What would you even understand about love? Teacher, even if you're in love, the truth cannot be changed. Nobody would believe what you just said."

Although Zhang Ru had been Jane's student for more than a year, she only met her once or twice a week and most of the time it would just be during lectures. Despite being admirable towards Jane, she didn't know much about her actual background.

Which was why, knowing that Jane was the Princess of Wales, she couldn't accept a man without any look of success being near to Jane shamelessly.

Young girls would usually lose their directions in love, and it seemed like the diligent Teacher Jane was also one of them, Zhang Ru thought.

Looking up, seeing Yang Chen and Jane walking into the elevator together, Zhang Ru felt even more depressed.

She had taken Jane as the most inspiring idol in her heart, and she couldn't bear the fact that an unworthy man to be standing side by side with her, let alone him being an 'unemployed' who couldn't even explain his origins.

Zhang Ru bit her lips while feeling responsible for this matter, she then took out her mobile phone and dialed a long-lost number.

Not long after, the call was connected and a male's voice who sounded surprised came through from the other side of the phone.

"Is this... Xiao Ru?"

"Who else will it be?" Zhang Ru sounded indifferent.

The man laughed gently, "It really is you huh. I wasn't expecting a call from you, how have you been doing? Is your job tough?"

Zhang Ru showed a hint of unnatural expression, she took a deep breath and said coldly, "Thank you for your concerns, Director. I'll keep it short, I need a favor from you, yes or no?"

The man laughed helplessly, "I knew it, you definitely needed something that's why you came to find me."

"Oh? You think that I am troublesome? Fine then, I'll hang up..."

"Hey! Don't," The man immediately stopped her, "I was just saying. Tell me what you need, I'll try my best to help you as long as it's not illegal."

Zhang Ru twitched her lips slightly and a trace of ecstasy appeared in her eyes, "Can you investigate a man named Yang Chen who stays in Zhonghai? He's around twenty plus and also an overseas returnee..."

"What!? Yang Chen!?" The man exclaimed.

"What's wrong with you?" Zhang Ru frowned, "Do you know him?"

The man pondered for a while and said, "Yeah, I know him. It can only be him if he's at your side in Korea... Why do you want to investigate him?"

"It's good that you know him. Give me every information about him, who is he anyway?" Zhang Ru immediately asked.

The man sighed, "Xiao Ru, I don't mean to hide things from you deliberately, but this man... I cannot tell you his true identity, even if I do, I'll be lying to you..."

"Fine!" Zhang Ru's eyes looked as if she was about to release fire, "I knew it! You never truly cared about me from then until now! You've always been secretive as if I was interrogating you for information. Aren't you just a small little Director? What's with you pretending to be mysterious and extraordinary?! Listen, if you are unwilling to tell me then I'll investigate him myself! The more you are acting this way, the more suspicious he is!"