Chapter 711 - Chapter 720

Chapter 711 - Do It Personally

Meanwhile, halfway across the world, Yang Chen received an update from Sauron regarding the mission.

"The hostages are secured. Awaiting further instructions, Your Majesty."

Yang Chen checked the time on his phone. He estimated that the entire process took around fifteen minutes. Indeed, the American veterans were incredibly efficient in their familiar territory.

Yang Chen stared at Luo Cuishan pathetically weeping on the ground, and said with a voice full of disgust, "The people that you sent are dead. What else have you got to say for yourself?"

Luo Cuishan lifted her head as she glared viciously at Yang Chen, like a venomous snake ready to strike despite her situation.

"You were lucky I hired dimwits for the job. If you want to kill me, make it quick. But don't come to regret the consequences of your actions!"

Luo Cuishan was ready to throw caution to the wind. After the extreme humiliation in Yang Chen's face, even to the extent of incontinence, she would rather die than to live by Yang Chen's mercy!

Now that she was thwarted by these two young people, there could not be another time in her life that she wanted to skin them both alive!

Yang Chen was not agitated as he replied, "Since you said so, I've got no reason left to end your life. But from my perspective, despite not having any pre-existing conflicts at the moment, you will still find ways to cause trouble for me. Keeping a venomous serpent-like you alive would eventually turn back to bite me in the hind."

"Hmph! Cut the crap. You came here to kill me, so do it!" Luo Cuishan sneered.

Yang Chen shook his head. "Killing you would lead me into more problems. I'm not that stupid."

Luo Cuishan burst out into laughter. "I knew it! I knew you wouldn't have the guts to kill me! All these years that I've lived, I've met every personality that could possibly exist in this world. Did you really think I couldn't read your cowardly antics? I saw that from a mile away!"

"Is that so?" Yang Chen brushed it off as he turned towards Xue Minghe. "How about you, do you want to live?"

Xue Minghe was sure today was the day he would lose his life, but now with Yang Chen's behavior, could it be a glimmer of hope?!

Despite losing everything he ever had, he was now a changed man. He had Wu Yue and their unborn child to care for!

Xue Minghe blankly stared at the unconscious Wu Yue by the corner, tears threatening to fall.

He wanted to live! He must live on to protect this woman, to see his own child!

"I—I want to live! Please... spare my life!" Xue Minghe gave no second thoughts on his dignity as he pleaded for his life. This was his one chance to see his child be born!

Regardless of his intense urge for revenge, it was nowhere near the power of fatherly love!

Thump! Xue Minghe unhesitatingly kneeled right in front of Yang Chen. It was not pity or a false display, but a firm and sincere stance.

Yang Chen saw the genuine affection in Xue Minghe's eyes as he watched over Wu Yue. The passion and love he had towards her moved Yang Chen ever so slightly.

"I wouldn't have thought that you would bring Wu Yue along with you. It seems like you actually fell for her," Yang Chen mentioned with slight lament.