Chapter 391 - Chapter 400

Chapter 391 - Power of Gods

No one other than Ares, was there to witness the mind boggling scene. Cai Ning and the other two had escaped from the site, leaving only Yang Chen and Ares there in addition to the unconscious Lin Zhiguo.

"Not bad. I'm looking forward to our fight even more now. At least your space methods look decent," mocked Ares.

"It's my second time using it. But you can't classify someone as unfamiliar or highly practised when it comes to this. So it's no big deal," Yang Chen replied.

"If that is all," Ares said before licking his lips in excitement, "Let's begin..."

Yang Chen looked at the giant screen to ensure that the Sandstorm mercenaries were not entering the house. They were just holding God's Stone. Relieved, he turned his head back to Ares and said, "Can I have your word that you won't order your mercenaries to capture my family in the middle of our fight?"

Ares snorted coldly. "Why are you lumping me in with those idiots from Brahma? To me, Ares, the word 'threaten' doesn't exist in my dictionary! I rely on my strength and my strength alone. No one can stop me from getting the God's Stone. Today, I came here to send you to rebirth, after which I'll bring the stone back to the Middle East."

Yang Chen pouted. "I don't believe that is going to happen. Five centuries ago, Athena sent you to rebirth, to which she reincarnated not long after. Now that you've awakened, is it not likely that she would've awakened as well? What if she tries to take God's Stone from you?"

"Humph. What makes you think i'm afraid of that bitch? She only managed to beat me by relying on her 'prophecy'. When it comes to a raw combat, there's no way she can defeat me!" Ares roared.

"I don't know what happened between the both of you. But it certainly wouldn't be ideal if God's Stone ended up with a combat crazy mad man such as yourself. The other gods choose not to intervene as they are well aware that they aren't able to defeat the both of you. Even I don't think I can beat you. I'll just have to draw the fight out for as long as I can. You may end up agreeing to leave the God's Stone with me after that," Yang Chen said confidently while smiling.

"Haha. Do you really think you have the potential to be my rival.? Having obtained god status by 'god killing'? I'm fully aware that the old fellow Hades had gotten bored of his life and dismissed his 'god consciousness' himself. He committed suicide. He wasn't killed by you!" Ares said.

"Whether or not I can rival you isn't your choice to make. Fight me if you want. Why must you spout so much nonsense, even more than I usually do? Have you, the God of War, gotten rusty after sleeping for five hundred years?" Yang Chen ridiculed.

Ares was enraged. Without saying anything more, he stared straight at Yang Chen and roared, causing the insides of the aircraft carrier to vibrate!

Cracks appeared all over the seemingly rigid steel plates while the ground started to fracture.

Yang Chen frowned and moved to hundreds of meters away from his previous position.

At the moment Yang Chen dodged the roar, three extremely tall, sharp objects containing granite and metal rushed out from the ground to where Yang Chen stood earlier, like a skyscraper that rose from the ground!

"Wow, an ambush right after the battle started." Smiling faintly, Yang Chen started walking in circles slowly and calmly.

Every time Yang Chen moved, different kinds of steel plates and stone walls would rise from the ground, or huge rocks would fall from above.