Chapter 1161 - Chapter 1170

Chapter 1161 - It Is My Fault

Zhang Guoping wiped the blood off his face and realized that two of his teeth had loosened. Rage built up in his chest. However, he didn't dare challenge Cai Yan, as he was aware that she once trained in the special forces.

Instead, he went to find his uncle, Director Zhou. What could Cai Yan possibly do in face of his uncle?

He glared at her with all his might before turning with a wave, signaling everyone else to leave with him.

However, before he could even step out of the door, a silhouette blocked his way.

Zhang Guoping looked up with a nasty laugh, "What are you doing?"

Yang Chen said in an indifferent manner, "You cursed at my woman and called her a b*tch. I can't let you go."

"Why? Are you planning on assaulting a police officer!?" Zhang Guoping raised his voice.

Yang Chen sighed, and as he shook his head, his leg went straight to Zhang Guoping's third leg!

"Owh!!!"

With a loud groan and widened eyes, Zhang Guoping moaned and curled up on the ground while covering his crotch.

"Sir!! Sir!!"

His fellow subordinates were dumbfounded. How come Yang Chen was even more brutal than Cai Yan!?

Liquid oozed out of Zhang Guoping's covered crotch, but it was hard to tell if it was blood or something else as a nasty smell spread out.

The remaining officers quickly pulled him up and left immediately.

Father Xiao sighed at the sight of this, "Chief Cai, mister, you guys didn't have to do this. It'll only bring you trouble. That fatty Zhang's identity isn't simple. His uncle is acquainted with Lei Zhengfu. He's a henchman, and his uncle will definitely tell Lei Zhengfu about today's incident. Return to the city quickly!"

Cai Yan smiled and tried to console him. "Uncle Xiao, it's fine. I'd rather he come to us. Tell us quickly if anything peculiar happened before Xiao Ye's passing. Is there any evidence that would link this to Lei Zhengfu? I must arrest him!"

Father Xiao trembled at the mention of his son's name. He exhaled heavily and said, "Lei Zhengfu brought people over to my house again last night, insisting that we accept his red packet that comprised fifty thousand dollars. However, we refused. Perchance we accepted his money, that would be equivalent to bribery and we'd be his accomplices, so Xiao Ye and I chased them out. Xiao Ye even told me we should persuade the others to not vote for Lei Zhengfu, but I didn't expect... I didn't expect him to...to..."

Father Xiao choked with sobs, unable to complete his sentence.

A woman standing by the side felt indignant, and said, "Lei Zhengfu is heartless. His family has been living in our town for years, but he's the worst yet! He sent out thugs to harass families that refuse to accept his gifts until they were forced to take it. As for those like Xiao Ye, a public servant, he couldn't harass them, so he kept giving them red packets, forcing them to take them. Xiao Ye was a good kid, and he told us if Lei Zhengfu were elected, our town would be polluted. Lei Zhengfu must have held a grudge against him because of this!"

"Lei Zhengfu has people on both sides. Two university students from our town tried to look for a leader in the city. They failed to meet the leader, and Lei Zhengfu's subordinates from the underworld saw them and reported to him. Once they returned home, his subordinates beat them up and turned them into idiots! Lei Zhengfu is the most powerful person in our town now, so no one dares to defy him. Xiao Ye was brave, but he couldn't take him down. How unfortunate..."