Chapter 791 - Chapter 800

Chapter 791 - PDA Time

Li Jianhe immediately went into deep thought.

When Lin Ruoxi sensed the change in atmosphere, she turned back to look at Yang Chen with a puzzled expression.

On the other hand, Yang Chen was still seated while enjoying his food. He'd almost inhaled the entire tray of squab alone.

Shen Yaxin furrowed her brows. "Haitao, is Henry Graves the name of this watch?"

Wang Haitao stared at Yang Chen who was still nonchalant about the whole thing. Nodding, he said, "Forgive me for saying this but if I hadn't seen a real Henry Graves today, I would've believed it to be a myth."

Everyone was puzzled. To them, it looked like an ordinary pocket watch made of brass. It didn't look like anything special.

Wang Haitao cradled the watch in awe. "I've only seen this watch in articles. Henry Graves is a pocket watch created some time ago. Although it doesn't look like much, as it is very old, it's actually made of 18k gold. A watch like this was built to last.

"This watch was born between 1932 and 1933. The American watch collector Henry Graves invited a legendary watchmaker and presented him with a goal in mind. The goal was to make it unlike any other watch ever made. There's only one of its kind in this world!"

"What?!"

The crowd gasped in disbelief.

Huang Lele covered her mouth in shock. "Then... wouldn't it be almost a hundred years old now?!"

Even Chris and his wife had their jaws on the floor.

Li Jianhe and Shen Yaxin were speechless.

"Haitao, are you sure? Are you sure this is the watch, the one and only?" someone asked accusingly.

He shook his head. "I can assure you that it is. The oxidation matches the era it was from. There isn't any evidence of it being a replica either."

The crowd immediately disbanded their disbelief. There were many collectors in the Wang clan and Wang Haitao was an outstanding youth of his generation. He wouldn't have put his reputation on the line for a fake.

Lin Ruoxi's mind echoed with what Yang Chen had said when he gifted her that watch. "This really is a good watch! I took it from the head of the FBI..."

Now, she was starting to panic a little. This man with the greasy mouth next to her, what was he doing in America?!

Wang Haitao had already calmed down by now. Nodding, he said, "Although this watch has existed for almost a century, its workmanship was far ahead of its time. It's one of the best pieces to date. It's hard to imagine more than nine hundred parts in it. This watch has 24 functions! It's the elite of all multi-function watches. Even now when technology has advanced so far, there are only a few watches which can compete with this one.

"From what I know, from the second this watch was made, to around the year 2100, it wouldn't even be off by half a second!"

"No... Then wouldn't it be very expensive?" Someone asked the question that was on everyone's mind.

He smiled bitterly. "The word 'expensive' is an understatement. The last transaction was at the Sotheby's auction more than 10 years ago, sold at eleven million US dollars. Adjusted for inflation, it's still the most expensive watch to date! There's none like it!"