Sophie's mom

Sophie

Fiona turns to me. "No, no, no." I told my mom. "Please let me talk first." My mom begs. "I told you, that you should've left him." I was about to slam the door on my mom when Fiona stopped me. "Would you like to sit down?" Fiona asked. "No she's perfectly fine." I answer. Fiona ignores me and brings my mom in.

Carl walks up to me and holds me. "It's ok Fiona is just trying to help." He reassures me. "I don't care if she's trying to help out. She'll never listen. I've told her numerous times to stop seeing that mother fucker she calls her boyfriend. What she needs is a fucking AA meeting. She's drinking and getting beat up by her boyfriend after I told her to stop being with him. And I tried to help out A LOT of times. But, she never uses my help. So, I'm done." I said.

Fiona and my mom were in the kitchen. They walk into the living room. "Sophie's mom will be staying for dinner tonight. Alright? Cool! Carl and Sophie go get some food please." And Fiona handed us $30. "Bu-" She gives me a look like 'go or you're in trouble.' "Fineeee." I say.

Carl and I grab our coat and head out the door. Carl and I walk in silence for a little while. "Why would she come right now?" I say. "Not sure baby." He answers. "She only wants money and a place to stay. She's gonna say some stupid shit like she loves me and misses me. I've fallen for that one too many times." Carl just listens.

___________________________

Carl and I came back home and we all eat dinner. I sit next to Carl as usual. "So, Sophie how are you doing?" My mom asked. "Good." I say shortly. "That's great! You know the house is empty without you in it." Fucking bitch trying to make me feel guilty. "You weren't saying that when you used to leave me outside to fuck people did you?" I snap back. Fiona kicks me feet. "What it's the truth! She always says this shit when she needs rent money! When I was in foster care she fought for me so hard just so I could pay the fucking bills!" My moms eyes tear up. "You know what? I'm not hungry anymore. Do whatever the fuck you want. But, if she comes back crawling to you talking about how she needs money or a place to stay, I'm not going to help." And just like that I left the house.

I don't know where I was going or where I was but, I am pissed. I continue walking around and find myself at the Alibi. I walk right in and i'm greeted by Kev and V. "Hey you know people underage aren't allowed in here." V says. "Please let me stay! My mom came back and she won't leave my house." I whine. "Fine." V says. "Thank you." I say.

"Yeah no problem but, the most you can have is 1 beer. The rest of drinks you order must be a soda." Kev states. "How about no beer and just soda." V angrily says. "You act as if I don't drink beer at my house." I say with a pleading look. V and I stare at each other and I make a 'pleaseeeee' face. "Fine ONE beer." V emphasizes one. "Thank you." I say. "One beer please." I ask.

"Ok but if a police comes in, I never gave you that, you stole it from us. GOT IT!" V sassily states. "Deal." I say as Kev hands me a beer.

Frank walks in. "2 beers and put it on my tab." He says sitting down right next to me. "Hey when did you come here?" He asks me. "I just sat down why?" I rudely ask. "I'm just asking. You gotta be having a really bad day if you're here." He says nonchalantly.

"Actually I have had the worst day ever and no one is listening what i'm trying to say. And when I say I haven't ever want something so badly ever in my life to make everything go away, I mean it. My life is a fucking rollercoaster, but the majority of my life are lows." I blurted out. Frank just stays silent.

"Why do you say that?" He asks. I look at him with a surprised expression. We stay there looking at each other, as Kev and V are talking to Kermit. "Well?" He asks again. "Sorry I thought you wouldn't like care. I didn't know you had that in your heart." I say jokingly.

"Just because I might not have been there for my kids every now and then, doesn't mean I don't care." He says. I smile. Wow this might be the most fatherly thing he's ever done in his life.

"Well, my mom came back. She'll probably come back begging for money. Fiona let her in the house. I just know when she does ask for money and for booze, I know i'm not gonna be able to say no. But, then if I say yes, she might be sober and happy again. And to be honest I miss my mom. My normal, sober, happy mom. I don't think my heart can take this anymore. I have to shut her out and it hurts." I say. "Well, you have to have something that makes you happy?" Frank says. "Like what?" I ask.

He looks at me, "it doesn't have to be a what, it could be a who." He says smiling for once in his life. "Carl and Fiona." I say. "See you have you're people. And those people that bring you happiness, they will also be supporting you. Although it may not seem like Fiona is supporting you but she is. She loves you as if you were her kid. And that's what matters." My eyes start to tear up.

"Wow that's the most fatherly thing you've ever done." I said. "Alright don't ruin the moment just drink ur beer and act like u didn't just have a shitty day." I laugh and we both sip our beer.
————————————————————————
Hey guys!
Sorry for the late update! I've been working on my new book. I really have no idea what to write so I think I'm going to speed up the process on this book and shortly end it soon.
And pleaseeeee check out my new book innocence!!!!
I worked extremely hard on it and it would be cool if u could check it out!
Alright, Love ya lots!!! <333