The Rumors- (high school AU) 1/2

Genre: Au & fluff
Word count:3278 (yes I mean 3 not 2, this is long)
Status: Crushes
Warnings: bullying (rumors)
Takes place: during high school
Chris- junior 17
Jimmy- junior 17
Karl- Junior 16
Chandler- Junior 16.
Clay (dream)- senior 18
Nick (sapnap)- Junior 16
Alex (Quackity)- Junior 16
George- Senior 17
Katie- Junior 17
Maddy- Sophmore 15

Karl POV

"Hey look it's your boyfriend" Nick says quietly seeing Chris talking to Katie and Maddy. I feel myself blush and I hit him in the arm.

"Shut up, also he's not my boyfriend" I said while digging in my locker. Truth is, I've had a thing for Chris for a while. He's been my best friend since 1st grade and I started crushing on him in 5th. Or at least realized I was crushing on him in 5th, I don't actually know how long I've liked him for. "And anyways last I checked he's straight".

Alex rolled his eyes. "I'm telling you, he's not straight, not completely gay but he's definitely not straight" He whispered. Alex and Nick tell me this a lot but if Chris was in fact bi like they think, he would have told me. Well I hope he would of. We've been more distance lately since we have different friend groups and Chris is way more popular since he's really funny and I get picked on since I'm annoying. Once I'm about to close my locker after finally finding my math homework and notebook I hear a familiar voice and someone wrap their arms around my waist.

"Hey nerd, I didn't get to see you this morning" Chris said hugging me from behind (Katie and Maddy had walked over to) I felt myself blush and didn't realized i dropped my stuff. I lean my head back on his shoulder. We do things like this all the time whenever we are together. Also the reason he didn't see me was he was sleeping over at Jimmy's.

"I know and it was amazing" I say sarcastically and he lets me go and pushes me slightly. I turn around and we're both laughing at this.

"Come on you know you missed me" he said confidently.

"No, I really didn't" I said being overly sarcastic.

"I won't walk with you to school anymore then" Chris said pretending to sound hurt. I laughed and noticed Katie,, Nick, and Alex were laughing at us and Maddy was recording it on her phone.

"I don't think you have much of a choice" I said confidently. "We are neighbors after all and I doubt your leaving any earlier then 7:30" we both live in a town house, (My family lives on the right and his lives on the left.)

"I don't have to, unless I wake you up, you'll sleep in" he said back trying to hold back a laugh.

"I will not" I defended also trying to hold back a laugh.

"Dude, you don't get out of bed unless I physically drag you out of it, and even then it's a 50/50 gambol on wether you'll wake up." He said smiling as I glared at him. "Theirs a reason I have a key to your house and that theirs a door connecting are rooms".

"Just called me out like that" I said sarcastically. "Now I'm hurt" he snorted from laughing and all are friends were laughing plus a few people who overheard in the hall. The only time I'm found funny or liked is with Chris. Kinda sucks but I'll live with it.

"We're even now" he said and the the bell rang. "The bell rings way to soon"

"I know" i said as I picked up my stuff that I had dropped. Plus some things fell out of my locker.

"You coming Chris" Katie asked heading off.

"I'll be their in a minute" he said. "You four can go" he said also referring to Alex and Nick who looked confused but headed off anyways. Then he bent down and started picking up some of my papers that had fell. "You really need to clean out your locker."