Chapter 33: Back in Action Pt. 3

Emerald Forest

The forest felt so peaceful in the morning, with perfect weather and clear skies, you could fully appreciate the beauty of the environment.

Being the perfect time to go out, a little rabbit came out of its burrow to look for food. Taking a couple of hops in the grass, he stood on his hind legs, raising his ears high in the air. Reaffirming that he was safe, the little guy wiggled his nose in exultation.

Hopping from here to there, the little rabbit searched the area for some grass or wildflowers to his liking. Stopping at a small bush, the rabbit examined with his little nose the meal in front of him. Being a picky eater, the little one decided to look for something else, as he didn't feel like eating blueberries today.

Just when he was about to jump away, something slowly moved in his peripheral vision. Quickly turning in that direction, raising his ears evenly, he spotted the young man observing him from a tall tree with an object in his hands, which he slowly brought from the top of his head to his chest, pointing to the bunny with his index finger.

The sound of the drawn bowstring warned him that he was in danger, consequently, his little nose began to twitch. The bunny quickly tried to run away, just as the sound of the string being released was heard.

...

Camp

SWISH   SWISH

The sound of the blade rubbing against the sharpening stone was in sync with the fire cooking the freshly hunted meat. (Y/N) raised Hattori's blade, examining the steel condition.

Okui: So we're back at the wild-style life, aye?

(Y/N): I suppose you could say so...

With a small silk handkerchief, (Y/N) poured a minuscule part of liquid from his small flask into it before gently wiping once over both sides of the blade.

Okui: It's been a long time...

Okui hung up the rabbit skin she was skinning before wiping her forehead with the back of her hand.

Okui: Oof....I'm outta practice.

(Y/N) flipped the sword into its saya laying it next to Tempus resting on the log that served as a seat for him.

(Y/N): Put the meat with the other and clean the pocketknife before eating.

Taking the water flask, Okui cleaned the knife's edge before wiping it dry and putting it back into the field doctor's bag. Once finished, she began pouring the pepper and salt, letting it fall on her forearm and then spreading it on the flesh.

(Y/N): .....The heck are you doing?

Okui: No idea, I saw it once on the Internet and thought it looked cool.

Shaking his head as he sighed, (Y/N) got up from his seat walking over to Okui.

Okui: Nice shot by the way.

Taking the arrow from Okui's hand, (Y/N) checked the head, which was already damaged.

(Y/N): I'm a bowmaster before a swordsman afterall....although I'm not used to such small bows, I still waste too many arrows....

Taking her skewer, Okui sat down ready to eat.

Okui: Alright! I'm starving!

Just when she was about to take a bite, (Y/N) hit her head softly with a karate chop.

Okui: OW!

(Y/N): Thank them properly first, taking their lives and invading their home didn't correspond us in the first place. It's the least we can do to show respect.