Chapter 34: Coldest

Emerald Forest

Okui: You sure you don't want me to get 'swordy'?

(Y/N): You just woke up, I don't want to take any chances.

Okui: *with a nonchalant tone* Boo...

Sitting on a tree branch, Okui held (Y/N)'s harpoon rope as she leaned back. Meanwhile, (Y/N) held a small hair tie in his mouth as he pulled his hair into a short ponytail. Once tied, (Y/N) drew Tempus out of its sheath.

(Y/N): Do it.

The moment he opened his mouth, his eyes changed color.

Okui pulled on the harpoon rope when something rattled inside the trees, the second after, numerous tree leaves suddenly fell just a few feet above (Y/N). His grip tightened as the leaves traveled towards the ground, his eyes swept around at an inhuman speed counting every single leaf around him. Just as the leaves passed his elbows, (Y/N) stopped his scan staring straight ahead with total concentration.

With no doubt in mind, (Y/N) swiped his blade behind him, cutting two leaves with a single slash. Not wasting a single second, he swung his sword with both hands, cutting a couple of leaves with quick and precise diagonal slashes. Right after cutting one with a downward slash, (Y/N) immediately went for the one-handed style change cutting one more while changing direction.

(Y/N) rose quickly to cut one more leaf, twirling his blade around with the use of his wrist. As he turned around, he cut another leaf cleanly in 2 with a horizontal cut, passing the handle of the sword from one hand to the other on the motion.  (Y/N) passed and flourished his blade behind his back and ahead of him with an 'obi-ani' technique before hacking off one more leaf with a horizontal slash, using the momentum to leap into a high b-twist, catching another two leaves with his blade upon landing.

As he stood up, he gripped his blade with both hands and hacked a couple leaves with a single diagonal hack going from his right hip to his left shoulder, without losing inertia, (Y/N) switched to one hand to make yet another horizontal cut from h...

As he stood up, he gripped his blade with both hands and hacked a couple leaves with a single diagonal hack going from his right hip to his left shoulder, without losing inertia, (Y/N) switched to one hand to make yet another horizontal cut from his waist outward at the same time he reached Hattori's handle with his left hand in an inverted grip. As his right hand with Tempus reached another leaf, (Y/N) slashed in half the leaf falling in front of him with Hattori's blade.

Holding Tempus in one hand for powerful and sharp cuts and Hattori in the other with an inverted grip for quick and wide cuts, (Y/N) unleashed continuous swipes on the tree leaves with both swords.

Having cut a leaf with a vertical cut, (Y/N) took a step to the right, leading Tempus from his left hip to another leaf flying a few feet to the side, launching it as a boomerang the moment the leaf was cut, Tempus flew around the area as it spun, cutting several falling leaves. In the background, (Y/N) slashed through several more leaves pivoting in his spot before correcting his grip, whirling his sword behind him, he threw Hattori up immediately catching it with his right hand over his shoulder at the same time Tempus returned to his left hand.