Chapter 21: Guess who's back?

(Y/N): ...You have no idea...

Blake sat down next to (Y/N).

Neither of them said a single word, they only admired the starry sky under the moonlight.

...

Blake: ....Do you want to talk about it?

(Y/N): ....Not really...

...

(Y/N): ....But....

Blake looked at (Y/N), listening closely.

(Y/N): If I know one thing....it's that you mustn't leave anyone behind.....especially friends and family....

Blake: What do you mean...?

(Y/N) closed his eyes.

(Y/N): The reason I'm afraid of.....that...

At opening his eyes, (Y/N) instantly locked his gaze on the moon above him.

(Y/N): It's because that's the way I have lost everything I once loved.....

(Y/N) raised his hand pointing at the shattered moon.

(Y/N): Since I was just a kid, fate has taken everything from me....

An image of a woman with black hair came to (Y/N)'s mind, his mother.

(Y/N): Again and again...--

An image of the entire village came to (Y/N)'s mind, accompanied with the laughs of Edward and Jack, along with his father smiling at him in the background.

(Y/N) turned his hand, looking at his palm.

(Y/N): --And when fortune crosses my path....--

The image of Momiji, Raven and (Y/N) drinking tea came to (Y/N)'s mind.

(Y/N): --It snatches it from me again....

(Y/N) closed his hand clinching his fist.

(Y/N): The idea that I can't change the way things happen.....terrifies me...it makes me want to run away......to.....save myself.....

The image of Rida blocking the attack of the human figure while telling (Y/N) to run away came to his mind.

(Y/N): And that makes it even worse...

Blake: (Y/N)....

Blake was about to place her hand on (Y/N)'s shoulder when he spoke again.

(Y/N): Never escape from your problems Blake......don't you ever turn your back to the people you love.....it leaves a scar that will never go away...

(Y/N) felt his chest with his hand.

...

Blake couldn't help but to fix her gaze on him, right now, the once distant looking person she thought (Y/N) was, became into someone gentle and kind, someone she wanted to know more about, someone she wanted to share time with. At that precise moment, the golden hue of his eyes seemed to have captivated her; that golden hue she couldn't forget captured her gaze, making her the more she stared at them, the harder it was to look away, feeling her heart speed as she look into them.

Meow...

(Y/N) and Blake turned at the source of the sound.

Blake: What the...?

In the edge of the rooftop, a black cat was climbing up, it jumped over landing on the roof, as it did, it say:

Cat: Meow...