Chapter 30: Slump

(Quick A/N: The following monster is based on the blinking nargacuga subspecie of Monster Hunter: Frontier Z, I suggest you see some gameplay on Youtube of this monster for a more detailed and accurate reference of its behavior and abilities.)

(Y/N)'s body took a couple of trees with it as it flew through the air at high speed, after breaking the last tree, (Y/N) immediately stood up in order to deflect the imminent scales of the monster.

Flipping aside nimbly as he deflected the projectiles with his borrowed sword, (Y/N) went into the depths of the forest trying to lose the creature.

The enormous creature jumped from tree to tree quickly reaching (Y/N) in the blink of an eye.

Looking out of the corner of his eye, (Y/N) managed to see how the monster launched against him, fliping over it to avoid the inminent attack, (Y/N) managed to connect a cut to the creature.

(Y/N) curbed the inertia by holding his hand on the ground at the moment of landing, immediately afterwards, he took his guard with his sword in front of him pointing sideways.

The monster graciously flipped back to gain distance as it threw sharp scales from its tail, (Y/N) quickly deflected as many scales as it could as he stepped back, however, one scale did indeed scrape its leg.

(Y/N): Tsk...

The monster, taking advantage of its high speed, swept the ground with its strong tail, tossing (Y/N) into the air, without giving it a single second to react, the monster twisted quickly on the air whipping its tail over (Y/N), sending him flying to the nearest tree.

Once his flight was hampered by the tree, (Y/N) reached for his abs where some of the sharp scales had punctured as a result of the tail slap, noticing his hand stained in blood the moment he look at it.

Without worrying whatsoever, (Y/N) smiled madly, as his breathing began to accelerate.

(Y/N): Poison, huh?

Clinching his hand to a fist, (Y/N) started to stood up, speaking on the process.

(Y/N): That's new....

(Y/N) picked his sword from the ground with his left hand before throwing it into the air shortly thereafter.

(Y/N): Didn't have this feature back on the day, did you? *chuckles*

(Y/N) caught his sword in his right hand with an inverted grip, swinging it from side to side and soon after spinning it with his hand to a correct grip.

(Y/N): This is getting more and more interesting...

Holding the blade firmly, (Y/N) rushed toward the beast as his smile grew wider and wider.

The beast didn't stay behind, it violently used its claws to run towards him as fast as possible, when it saw it possible, the beast leaped into the air to pounce on (Y/N), who reacted in time sliding under the monster, burying his sword in its rear leg in order to take advantage of the inertia to climb on the monster's back.

Immediately afterwards, he buried the sword at the base of the monster's tail, screwing it tightly, the monster quickly began to shake itself wildly, whipping its tail on the ground heavily from time to time.

Just after (Y/N) let out a psychotic laugh, the monster made a violent flip in the air sending (Y/N) and his sword flying for the third time, without even losing a second, the monster prepared its retractable tail scales to be thrown to (Y/N) right after.

Quickly catching his sword, (Y/N) skillfully deflected the scales, catching one with his free hand in the process.

After twisting in the air to correct his position, (Y/N) landed smoothly on the ground, he didn't wait even two seconds to hurl the obtained scale to the wild monster that was rushing to his position.