Chapter 41: Let There Be Carnage PT. 1

After what happened in the dining hall, (Y/N) entered into an intense training session for several days. No matter the hour, the place, the time; he would continue to brandish his blades without the slightest rest. Although his determination was second to none, both his mind and body were certainly suffering from fatigue. Sleepless nights and the constant strain of training were gradually detrimental to his condition.

Today was no exception, as in the middle of a certain area of the camp, (Y/N) practiced with Tempus and Hattori regardless of exhaustion. As a result of past battles, he was forced to replace his tattered suit with his black kimono at least for training .

Not using the upper part of his clothing for maximum comfort, his back, wide and bulky, looked shiny under the influence of perspiration, which, also made the toned muscles stand out, growing bigger and loosening up along with his weary panting.

His strikes gradually became slow and clumsy with each movement, and with it, his veiny arms seemed to shudder on the verge of giving up.  With every movement, the excess of the past few days was taking its toll. Even by holding Okui between his teeth, his dry, fatigued breath gave itself away.

As he took a step forward to swing his sword, his leg faltered of all strength, almost causing him to fall to the ground.

(Y/N): Come on...Move...!

Despite his efforts and tenacity, his body was already reaching its limit. Tightly clutching Okui's handle between his teeth, (Y/N) built up the strength to stand up, getting into a guard stance.

His gaze, though fierce, become blank as he looked straight ahead picturing his next drill. The large dark circles under his eyes were just as concerning as the fact of his vision fading by the minute.

(Y/N): This--....Is not--...!

(Y/N) thrust his blade forward with all his remaining strength, barely able to handle the weight of his own sword. Swooning for a moment, (Y/N) slumped forward devoid of energy. At the same time, Okui, who was released from between his teeth for the same reason, transformed into her girl form catching (Y/N) just before he fell.

Okui: (Y/N)!

Grunting in response, (Y/N) tried to stand up again while pushing Okui away, yet his trembling legs were no longer able to hold him up, making him drop to the ground. In a desperate attempt, (Y/N) tried to push himself up, but of course, his arms were no longer capable of doing so.

(Y/N): *mumbling* What...is wrong with you..?!? You have to keep going...damn it!

Barely able to look up in frustration, he mumbled under his breath.

(Y/N): This....is still not enough...!!!

His vision became distorted and from one second to the next, he blacked out.

...

Timeskip

Sunlight streamed in through (Y/N)'s eyelids as he slowly regained consciousness. First thing upon coming back to his senses, he felt a soft sensation at the back of his head, just like lying on a warm pillow. After a few seconds, (Y/N) slowly opened his eyes, blinded by the same sunlight, his vision seemed blurred. The light, in turn, was partially blocked by a certain dark figure a couple of inches away from his face.

Squinting his eyes, (Y/N) tried to reach the image. That figure slowly transformed into the silhouette of a young girl with long wavy hair, slender, and with two triangles sticking out of her head. Recognizing her inmediately, (Y/N) muttered unconsciously.

(Y/N): ...Bla--...?

The image took another second to become clearer, the figure was none other than Okui, who was holding (Y/N) letting him lie on her lap. At seeing him wake up, Okui smiled with relief. Upon realizing it, he sat up with a quiet groan, rubbing his eyes as he came back to normal.