Chapter 16: Interrogatory

Hall

Weiss waslked across the hall, behind her, Ruby was chasing her.

Ruby: Weiss!

Weiss: What?! *still mad*

Ruby: What's wrong with you? Why are you being--

Weiss: What's wrong with me?  What's wrong with you?! You're supposed to be a leader and all you've been so far is a nuisance.

Ruby: *scoffs* What did I do?

Weiss: That's just it! You've done nothing to earn your position.

(Y/N) was just around the corner, reading his book while leaning on the wall.

Weiss: Back in the forest you acted like a child and you've only continued to do so.

Ruby: Weiss where is this coming from? What happened to the talk about working together? I thought you believed in acting as a team.

Weiss: ...Not a team led by you...

(Y/N): ...*pass a page*

Weiss: I've studied, and trained, and quite frankly, I deserve better....

Weiss turned around giving her back to Ruby.

Weiss: Ozpin made a mistake...

With that said, Weiss walked away from Ruby.

(Y/N): *sigh*...

(Y/N) closed his book as he stood up, walking in direction of a sad Ruby. As she heard his footsteps, she turned around looking at him with confussion.

Ruby: (Y-(Y/N)?! Y-You were--

(Y/N) interrumped her by patting her head; Ruby, with a slight blush, looked up at him, noticing him looking forth instead of her.

(Y/N) walked away without saying a single word, as he head off, Ruby stayed quiet a short moment.

Ozpin:  Hmm, I wasn't expecting that.

Ruby quickly turned around finding Ozpin with his usual cup on hand.

Ruby: Is she right? Did you make a mistake?

Ozpin raised his sigh at (Y/N), who was just passing the corner.

Ozpin: That remains to be seen...

Balcony

Weiss was leading to the balcony but she stopped the second she saw (Y/N) blocking her way by leaning on the handrail reading his book.

(Y/N): You took your time...

(Y/N) looked sideways at her with his usual serious expression, making her nervous their eyes locked.

Weiss: W-What're you doing here? You were supposed to--

(Y/N): I already took care of that.....now....

(Y/N) suddenly closed his book as he stood straigth.

(Y/N): Why we don't talk about you?

Weiss: I-I...

(Y/N): You went harsh with her, ya know?

Weiss: So you were eavesdroping....

(Y/N): Indeed....

Weiss: Well...

She crossed her arms and turned around still mad.

Weiss: I meant what I said!! I'm essentially more prepared to be the leader of team RWBY.

(Y/N): Hmm...