Chapter 52: A change of heart Pt. 1

The racing thoughts that engulfed (Y/N)'s mind seemed to dull his perception of time. Looking back at his own reflection contemplating how the seconds went by one after the other just as his freshly wet hair seemed to dry slowly.

(Y/N): ....

Taking a long breath, (Y/N) finally seemed to snap out of it, moving away from the mirror.

The bathroom door finally opened, with Coco sitting at her desk while reading a certain magazine being the first image to receive him. Upon catching sight of him, Coco gently lowered her sunglasses at the same time that a satisfied smirk seemed to mold her face.

Coco: Feeling good, pretty boy?

(Y/N)'s outfit was completely restored for the most part with only certain parts altered by Coco's desginer mind. The sleeves of the upper part had been removed and replaced by black long vambraces, along with these, on the left arm a single piece of shoulder pad was placed.

The chest part looked completely redone, giving it a looser and more traditional samurai look; being accompanied by a small black scarf on the neck area.

(Y/N): Yeah...thanks, Coco.

Coco: Hmm...Hey, it wouldn't hurt to be a little more vocal once in a while, you know?

(Y/N): ...Sorry.

Coco: ...Sheesh, neither take it too seriously....what bums you out now?

Choosing to remain silent, (Y/N) simply walked briskly toward the dorm's door.

Coco: Hey, I repaired your clothes, lent you my shower and you won't even tell me what's wrong?

(Y/N): Was it expensive?

Somewhat taken aback by his question and the little attention he gave to the rest of her comment, Coco merely responded with an unconcerned tone.

Coco: All of my works are expensive, buddy... Though I suppose I could make an exception since I barely changed anything, but you'd better not get used to it.

(Y/N): ...I understand.

(Y/N) finally opened the door, deciding to leave the dormitory.

...

Coco: Hey, I wan't kidding...you really look a little down, if you want to you can---

SHUT

Without even turning to look at her, (Y/N) departed, closing the door behind him.

...

Unable to say anything else, Coco shook her head continuing with her reading resting her feet up on the table in front of her.

Coco: *long sigh*...Men.

Timeskip

Out of Beacon's tower

A few hours later, (Y/N) was still hanging around the facility, sitting on a certain bench, barely awake to his surroundings.

Despite the sensation created by the wind stroking through his hair or the sound of the tree leaves' swaying across the gardens, (Y/N) couldn't seem to escape from his little trance.

A little earlier

The same lost expression seemed to be stucked on his face him ever since he appeared before Ozpin at Momiji's side, barely paying any attention to what he was saying.

Ozpin: ---truly impressive for being your first mission as actual "hunters", though I must say the collateral damage was quite careless on your part.

Momiji: Y-Yeah...