Chapter 47: Painting the Town Pt.1

One after another, (Y/N) would defeat each thug as he race past the constant fire of their weapons.

Upon taking one guy down, (Y/N) quickly dashed towards the next one, who was not even able to follow him with the crosshair, being too late when (Y/N) struck the gun out of his hands; as the thug finally react, (Y/N) rolled over his back in the same motion he grabbed the thug by the arm and throwing him towards another group of his coworkers upon landing.

Despite having beat down several, (Y/N) couldn't take a single breath; for despite blocking the bullets of those firing from the distance, he had to be on guard against close combatants.

Throwing themselves like beasts against him, the thugs drove (Y/N) back; when ducking under the attack of one and then having to side-step the jumping attack of another, (Y/N) finally got the chance to counter, slashing through the second guy's back before hook kicking the other one's head, knocking both down.

Throwing Hattori as a boomerang towards the long-rangers, (Y/N) finally had the opportunity to sheathe Tempus in order to prepare his second attack. In a thousandth of second, (Y/N) drew Tempus creating a white sphere around the thugs.

Thug: Where you looking at!?

Drawing with an upward slash, (Y/N) succesfully blocked the incoming attack from above. The thug instantly leapt backwards as the previous white sphere slowly started to disappear.

Thug: Hmph!

(Y/N): Tsk...

Having lost Hattori in his previous maneuver, (Y/N)'s hand went for Okui's handle, unsheathing her as he yelled out loudly.

(Y/N): Chinamagusai!!

Turning to the group previously involved in the white sphere, (Y/N) unleashed a giant aura slash taking everyone out with it. Without missing a beat, the thug who had interrumped him quickly tried to attack again, however, his attack was easily blocked by Tempus, who (Y/N) put behind his back in a single instant.

Now facing him directly, (Y/N) used both swords to parry and de-arm the subject before back kicking him directly in the chest; as the thug was thrown back, (Y/N) launched his rope-dart towards him, sticking it in its armor before tugging him back.

As the thug staggered towards him, (Y/N) jumped at him with a powerful knee directly to the chin; and just as he seemed to pass out, (Y/N) twisted in the air for a second time kicking his head with a powerful sideswipe.

Just as (Y/N) landed, the entrance door that seemed to lead to some tunnel burst open, and out of it, another large number of henchmen made their presence known.

(Y/N): This 'disctraction' has to be good enough....I'm counting on you, Momiji.

At the same time the thugs opened fire, (Y/N) dive-rolled to the side throwing his rope-dart towards Hattori, recovering it with a single pull as he took cover.

(Y/N): Guess it's time to test this out.

Taking the flask Momiji gave him out; (Y/N), in a swift motion, coated Hattori's blade with its content.

Looking out of the corner of his eye, (Y/N) spotted a small red dust crystal lying on the floor. Unable to hide his tiny grin, he sheathed Okui as he tossed the crystal up with his foot, catching it with his now free hand.

Thug: Come on, kill him!!

(Y/N): *mumbling* Here goes nothing...!

Facing the gunners, (Y/N) came out of cover firmly grasping that crystal between his fingers. As he swiped it across the metal of the blade in a quick scrape, Hattori suddenly turned red-hot. And just as the first bullet was about to make contact with it, a certain flame suddenly ignite.