Chapter 11: A walk through the forest

Beacon's cliff

(Y/N) and the other students stand on some kind of platforms, (Y/N) was  between Yang and a big guy with steel armor, Ruby was next to Yang and following was Jaune; meanwhile, Momiji was between that big guy and Ren, followed by Nora and the other students.

Ozpin: For years you have trained to become warriors, and today your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest.

???: Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of "teams." Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... today.

Ruby: What? Aw....*worried*

Ozpin: These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well.

Ruby: *groaning*...

(Y/N) drove his gaze at the huntress, she noticed him but it didn't seem to bother her.

Ozpin: That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years.

Ruby: *scared* WHAT?!

(Y/N): Four years? Hmm......That's a little too much....

Okui: You have something better to do?

(Y/N): I could find something....

Ozpin: After you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path... or you will die.

(Y/N) left a small chuckle without losing sight of the huntress.

(Y/N): Die? Here? Pff....What kind of "initiation" is this?

Ozpin: You will be monitored and graded through the duration of your initiation, but our instructors will not intervene.... You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?

(Y/N): This doesn't sound right........it's.......

Okui: Too easy?

(Y/N): Exactly....I don't like it...

The huntress was starting to get nervous, she looked sideways each two or three seconds, she even started to sweat slightly.

Jaune: Yeah, uhm sir--? *raise his hand*

Ozpin: *completely ignoring Jaune* Good! Now take your positions...

Each student started to get into their stance, Momiji spun her naginata a couple times before getting into her stance, Yang raised both fists in front of her, Ruby got into a stance with her left hand in front of her and her right hand behind her ready for grabbing her scythe; only two students haven't gotten into stance: (Y/N) and Jaune. (Y/N) simply crossed his arms, intensifying his stare at the huntress while Jaune continued trying to ask something to Ozpin.

Jaune: Uh, sir? I've got, um... a question...

Weiss was catapultated to the forest.

Jaune: ...So, this landing... strategy thing... Uh, wha-what is it? You're, like, dropping us off or something?

Ozpin: No, you'll be falling...

While Ozpin and Jaune were talking, the other students were being catapultaded one by one.