Chapter 54: The Fairy-Tale Paradigm

Emerald Forest

Standing in the middle of a spacious area, (Y/N) mantained his wrist resting on Chronos's handle while remaining silence. Seconds passed, a light air softly ruffled his hair, however, no reaction whatsoever coming from him.

(Y/N): Do it...

Okui, up on a tall tree branch, firmly pulled the rope of (Y/N)'s dart, triggering a mechanism abruptly shaking the tops of all the surrounding trees. Following the action, a storm of leaves slowly started to fall to the ground.

Just as slowly, (Y/N)'s hand moved across the handle in order to grasp it in an inverted grip. In synchrony, a few pebbles began to rise from the ground. Manifesting around (Y/N)'s shoes a few faint sparks.

Along with the sparks, tiny, rapid flashes arose around him. Not moving a single muscle, the surging streams of electricity flashed around him. In his eyes, at the same time that his pupils were illuminated with that fiery golden hue, two flickers of electricty flashed a single time just moments before (Y/N)'s hair ruffled while lighting up in a silvery outline.

As soon as (Y/N) started to drew Chrono's blade with his hand, his figure seemed to abruptly vanish.  In a single instant, that section of the forest seemed to light up in a blinding flash, followed by this, a deafening sound echoed across the whole area.

SCREECH

...

Timeskip

Heading deeper into the forest, (Y/N) carried most of the bagagge with a serene expression; Okui, at the other hand, despite carrying only some tiny backpack, seemed tired and a bit irritated by the long walk.

Okui: ...I hate this....

(Y/N): Hate what?

Okui: Walking. It's so--....boring....and it hurts my feet.

(Y/N): I'm not gonna carry you right now, try to endure it a little longer.

Okui: *grunt*....And how long exactly? Where are we even heading?

...

Even though she was just behind him, Okui's words didn't seem to reach (Y/N).

Okui: Helloo? Don't ignore me.

Continuing his walk unaware of his companion, (Y/N)'s expression seemed to slowly lose in thought.

Ṡ̴̨̨͕͉̦͎̞̮͖͍̗̭̪͚̟͎̤̲̟̫̦̻͒̽͆̏͛͋̊̎͑̃͂̀̈́̌͂̀̇͑̚̚̕͘̚͝ǫ̷̢̠̦̬̗͚̼̔̋̅͋̃́̎̉̇̍̈́̈̽̓̐̌̌̓̈̈́̄͝͠͠ ̴̨̡̨̧̨̢̡̭̜̭̬̮͉̭̖̰̥̭͍́͊͒̀̇̎̉͂̇͋̌̑̇͐͛͊̓̇̓̔̕͘͝͝ͅd̸̛̰͇͆͐̄̿́̒̏̎̍̊̓̒̐̈́̆̍͆̇̀̓̈̓͌͠į̶̦̤̳̪͉̖͖͔͖̝̠̥̖͉̟̤͑͌̒̀̊̏̓̒̌̔̆̆̏̉̐͂̇̏̈́̿̐͊́̏͝s̴̡̢̯̹̻͖̮̟̲̣̹̳̟̘̟̱̬͔̹̱̹̫̘̳̦͖͙̏̍̓̉̚ą̷̨̳͖̝͕͉̦̝̞̣̳̳̯̰̩̻̩̤̞̰̤͉̿̑̀͐̈́̔̒́̏̃̏̌̉͊̓̉̌͛͒̎͂͘͘̕͜͝p̵̨̧̲͈̟̲̜͔̯͍̞̜̿̂̊̋́̓͊̿̍̓̍͜͜͝p̷̨̛̱͉͆͌̾̓̎̐͛̇̒́̋̋̽͋̌͑̂̀͑̌͘̚͝ǭ̶̧͔͔͇̬̺̪̭̣̬̪̝̩̮̰̞͖͌̀̍̎̽̈́̒̾̉́̇̒̎́͂͒̉̑̏͑̏͒̔̏̚͜i̴̜̲̠͇̯̖͚̪͔̱̗͚̩̮̜͇̭̖̭͑̚͘ͅń̵̢̧̡̧̛̛̦̺̫̞͈̭̗̻̟͖̪̗̈́̎̏͑̄́̒̌͛͐̅̆͊̍́̉̈́́̇͘̚̕͝t̷̢̺̲̤̳̗̩̥̳̫̖͔̞̯̼̺͛̅̊͛̓̓̑̈́͘̕ͅi̷̩̫͈̲̒͐̄̾̋̀͆͛͊͐̀͗͂̑͘͘̕͝n̶̳͇̥͕͍̘̬̹̈́͛̒̀̽͌̄͛͂͑́͂̇͂͐̈́͑͘͝g̸̡̨̰̙͎̦̞̙̳̯̱͓͇͇͍̻͖̮̭̤͙̬͊̄̾͐͗͝ͅ,̴̡̰̹̟͎̜̖͈̩͔̲̮͇̠͑͗̅͛̾̀͛̎̎̓͆̓̇͂̊̐̀̾́̈́̄̈͑͆̿͝͝ ̷̡̧̺̜͍͎̻͚̦͎͖̘̜͖̦͓̜͍̮̼͈͙̪͚̣͇̅̓͂̀̆̆̇̍͆̊̌̎̇̈̉̆͛͘͘͝ͅK̴̢̧̡̢̞͙̙̘͇̞͇̻͚̝̠̰̘͙͇̘̟͚̼̝̺͍̆̃̀̈́́̐͐͜ͅͅu̵̟̳͎̹͎̞̫̥̤̺̰͐̅̈́́͋͂̐̆̆̋̈́͝͝͝ŗ̶̡͉̣͙̖̯͕̼̗͖͙̰̘͖̪̠̼̙̰̯̜͗̇̊̾̓̑̏̎͜͝ͅo̸͖̅g̵̰̯̱͈̜̼̖̫̿͒̋̌̏̐͐́͂̆̋͌̌͌͋̐̅́̈́͘a̶̫̗͈͇̱͒̉̓́͐̐̚͜͝͝ņ̴̡̡̛̦̩̼̮͔̹͎͈̩̯̥͖͓̞̥͓͇̜̪͇̟̿̎̽̈́̀̒ẽ̷̮̣̻̩̹͔̰͚͕̤͚̿̀̈́̈́͗̏͆̋̓̏̾̎̒̑̃͛̏̔̔̿̀̐̾̚̚͠ͅ