Chapter 42: Let there be carnage Pt.2

Carmine: And you are?

(Y/N): ...

The whole amphitheatre remained silent, expectant of what was happening at ground level.

Weiss: That's....(Y/N)?

Ruby: He looks...

---

Glynda: ...Mr. Kurogane...

Both (Y/N) and Carmine turned their gaze at Glynda.

Glynda: How....unexpected...of you to make us company today.

(Y/N): ...

Glynda: I was notified of your deployment due to a special "commission" given to you by the headmaster himself...a little far away from here.

Realizing what Glynda was trying to do by implying such a thing, (Y/N) simply played along.

...

(Y/N): And you are right...

Glynda: So what do we owe your visit? Have you perhaps...finished your mission already?

Hearing her clearly from above, Blake looked at (Y/N) expectantly, for just a moment, her eyes regained their sparkle, feeling a slight glimmer of hope as she waited for his response.

(Y/N): *sigh* Not quite; although it may seem otherwise, I am here on official business in regards to my mission....*mumbling* or something like that.

...

Fixing his gaze on Carmine once again, (Y/N) continued.

(Y/N): Even if it looks like a mere whim, I must embrace this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity in order to complete my mission. Consider this....a "test run".

On her side of the arena, Carmine frowned at him with a slight groan.

Alyss: *whispering to Carmine* Is he nuts? What on earth is he talking about?

Remaining silent, Carmine motioned Alyss to be quiet with a swift hand gesture.

Carmine: *to (Y/N)* You face rings a bell, buddy...

Taking her first step, Carmine had attracted the full attention of (Y/N), who, still in place, fixed his earnest gaze on the girl. Observing her walk in his direction without batting an eyelash.

Carmine: "Kurogane" was it...? Interesting...

Stopping at a considerable distance, Carmine surveyed (Y/N) from head to toe. Bringing her hands into her coat pockets, she peered into the depths of his eyes. In response, (Y/N) glared back at her with sheer resolve.

Carmine's fiery and passionate eyes seemed to stare at him hungrily, the violent and chaotic sensation coming from them was masked-intent by the girl's slight smirk. (Y/N) was no slouch, as the gold in his eyes seemed to exert a heavy strain with the sharpness of his gaze alone, though stern and violent, it remained serious and expectant of his adversary.

 (Y/N) was no slouch, as the gold in his eyes seemed to exert a heavy strain with the sharpness of his gaze alone, though stern and violent, it remained serious and expectant of his adversary