-Prologue

"Danni Williams?" I looked up to see some buff guy, dressed in all black with a clip board. He was pretty much bald and had a headset. He looked up from the board to scan the waiting room.

"That's me." I said putting my phone in the back pocket of my shorts. I stood up and collected the few things I had brought with me.

"Follow me, please." After picking up my guitar, I did as he said. He led me down an elaborately decorated hallway and into an elevator. There was an awkward pause as we listened to the slow monotonous elevator music. He smiled down at me and I responded with a polite one, that was pretty much the only communication we had. He didn't have a creeper vibe but my mom always told me not to talk to strangers. So far that rule had worked out pretty well for me, and now was not the time to test that theory out.

The elevator doors opened with a small ding. the metallic doors revealed a similar hallway, only this one was lined with photos of singer/song writers holding shiny awards. We got off on the third floor. He kept walking down a dully painted corridor until we reached a door that said 'Studio 4'.

"Start when you're ready." He opened the door for me and gave me an encouraging smile. "Good luck." I nodded in response and headed into the room.

I walked into the small room. The walls were a deep red and the only accessories in the room were a set of platinum records that hung on the wall and a microphone. It had a mirror on one wall that I knew was most likely a one-way mirror, hiding whoever was watching me. Between the mirror and the records, it was the most nerve racked I had ever been. I wondered how many people were looking at me through that mirror. Judging me by every move I made. It's only my entire career on the line here. Stop thinking like that. Just breathe. I got my acoustic guitar out and put the strap on my shoulder.

I approached the microphone and took a deep breath, remembering the words of encouragement my friends had given me before I came here. I closed my eyes and did what came so naturally to me, I sang and my audition began.

Little did I know that my entire life was about to change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys like it!! Sorry it's so short!!! comment what you think :) Rock on guys!!

~Steph