Chapter 31: Emergency

"Lou slow down!" Harry said from the passenger seat. I had taken the range rover and Harry was yelling. The other were following behind but I couldn't see them, I was going to fast. The road was now slick with rain, it was still coming down in sheets. All I could think about was Danni. Liam had told me all I needed to know. She was headed to Doncaster Royal Infirmary in an ambulance and they had said she was in bad shape.

The hospital finally came into view and we skidded to a halt in a parking space that was close to the door. I jumped out of the car and into the rain, not caring that my TOMs were now practically ruined. Harry followed close behind me as I sprinted to the door. The receptionist looked confused as I ran through the door. My hair stuck to my forehead and my shoulders and back were soaked but I didn't care.

"Can I help you? Are you hurt?" The frizzy haired older woman asked, abruptly standing up and looking concerned.

"Danni! Danni Williams? Is she here?" I gasped out between staggered breaths.

"No, but she's on her way. Are you two family?" She said as the other ran into the room. They probably seemed a lot more sane than I did.

"Im her boyfriend." I said not even thinking about it. We might as well have been anyway and I knew that after this, I never wanted to let her go. She nodded, giving me a sympathetic look as she gave us directions to the emergency waiting room. We jogged along the hallway, occasionally getting called hooligans by the more elderly patients. We finally arrived to see a white painted room with bright lights and a couple of couches, assembled around a table that was littered with old, out dated  magazines. The others took their seats on the couches as I paced up and down the hallway, raking my hands through my hair, and trying to control my heart rate, afraid my heart would burst if I didn't.

At the end of the hall was a pair of heavy metal doors, painted white like everything else,. The brightness of the room made my head pound even more. The receptionist that sat behind this desk was younger than the other one. She immediately recognized us. She also knew Danni and arranged for her to have a private room, which I thanked her for and said I would pay for everything. She kept asking if I was ok or if I needed something, I just shook my head and waited.

After what seemed like an eternity the heavy doors banged open and the silence was shattered. Uniformed doctors burst through the doors shouting commands and running down the corridor, covered in rain, pulling a gurney behind them. A female doctor straddled the gurney, pumping the patients chest. They kept saying something about surgery and vital signs and the occasional shouts of "We're losing her." Those words echoed in my head as they passed me. All I saw was a flash of blonde curly hair and Danni's unconscious face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OMG!!! OMG!!!! OMG!!!! Haha!!! Love you guys!! But I have to go clean so I will try to update again later tonight to make up for not updating for the past few days!!!

Rock on!!

~Steph <3

BTW!!!!!! Offer still stands....first  Get to work!!!!!!