Chapter 1: Gigs

Well you guys did it!! Early update!! Tell me what u think in the comments!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You cannot wear that to your audition!" My friend Chloe said, she looked at me like I was crazy. It wasn't the first time she had given me one of those looks. Ever since we were in diapers she had been giving me that look. Not kidding. My mom got a picture of her giving me that exact look when we were at my first birthday. That very picture was sitting in a frame on my dresser. The frame was one of those tacky two dollar frames from dollar tree that had "BFF" written all over it.

"I think it looks fine." I responded looked at my reflection in the mirror. I really didn't see anything wrong with my choice of outfits. But knowing her, she had seen some minute detail about my outfit that made it a bad choice. Like it didn't flatter my waist in just such a way. Or the color didn't flatter my skin tone.  The details that I didn't care about.

"Hey you're trending on twitter!" My friend Heather added from my bed, intently staring at her phone, like she always was.

"No way!" I said sarcastically rolling my eyes at her. It seemed to be a hobby of hers to screw with me.

"Well now that we are done lying to each other, you look like a hobo." Heather laughed at the fake death glare I was giving her and at how funny she thought she was.

I gave a fake laugh as I pouted at my reflection, trying to figure out what was wrong with the soffee shorts and a Raider's tank top.

Chloe handed me an outfit on a hanger and I gave her my best puppy face. She just pointed to the bathroom door in response. I didn't bother to argue anymore, knowing that I definitely would not be winning that battle. Arguing with her about clothes was like trying to argue that New York city is desolate. Not a good decision.

It wasn't the first time I had been put in that situation and she had fought tooth and nail to get me to wear a certain dress. Turns out that the dress had been a huge hit and my prom date loved it. Probably more than he should have.

I changed quickly. It was a black button up shirt with gold buttons. I tucked it into my dark denim shorts. The sleeves were half length and I had to admit she could pick some cool clothes, which was a shock considering she usually wore t-shirts of bands and athletic shorts.

I looked pretty good. Which was surprising because I never bothered to get dressed up unless there was a special occasion. My curly blonde hair was straightened, showing off my natural highlights and low lights, and the front part was held back with a thin black, head band. My hair was pretty long but not Rapunzel long, reaching halfway down my back. When I walked out of my bathroom I did a little twirl and both of my friends nodded in approval, whispering to each other. No doubt thinking of how long it would be till I wasn't single.

After a half hour of listening to them gossip, the time finally came for me to leave our tiny apartment. It wasn't a long drive to my audition location but I left early, just in case. LA traffic was, after all, unpredictable.

~

The building was easy to find. It sat right off of the road and soared above the skyline created by the other buildings.

Walking into the prestigious looking building, I saw a red headed receptionist, seated behind a tidy desk and computer. When I say tidy, I mean tidy. Like the pencils all sharpened and lined up on the lines of a calendar.

I looked up to see that the ceiling was high and windows lined the walls, letting in the sunlight.

"Can I help you?" The receptionist asked pulling me out of my thoughts. I looked to see her pushing her glasses up her nose and sitting up a little straighter, if that was possible. I nodded and told her that I was here for the audition. She smiled at me and told me to take a seat.