Chapter 6: The Phonecall

Hey sorry it's so short!! Hope you love it!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was ten pm on our fourth night in Hawaii and we were all siting in their home theater, watching a movie. Lou sat next to me and we shared some popcorn. He was staring at his phone intently. His eyebrows were furrowed together and he ran his hand through his hair, his tell-tale signs that something was on his mind.

"Hey, what's up? You ok?" I asked in a whisper leaning close to him so he could hear me better and so I wouldn't disturb the other boys.

"Um, yea. I'll be right back, gotta make a call." he stood up and walked out of the theater. I was worried, he's usually so carefree. His usually happy expression was gone.

"Danni." Niall whined from the other side of the theatre. "More. Popcorn. Dying. Of Hunger!" His blue eyes pleaded with me as he pretended to fall out of his chair and onto the ground. As I was walking out, Liam, Zayn, and Harry held out their bowls. They all called after me to say thank you. I was still laughing at Niall when I got to the kitchen.

When I finally got there I saw Louis pacing outside on the porch, his phone to his ear, his other hand in his hair. I could hear him yelling from the kitchen, but his words were muffled by the glass door that seperated us. I tried not to eavesdrop, not wanting to get into his business.

A soft ding signaled that the popcorn had finished cooking and I put it in the different bowls then, I brought them to the boys. They all took the bowls, never changing focus from the movie

I felt like something was missing as I sat down. Feeling my back pocket I realized that I left my phone in the kitchen and went back to get it. Louis was still pacing, his knuckles turning white as he clenched his phone. I could now understand what he was saying.

"But El-. No I didn't." There was a pause and he squeezed the bridge of his nose between his fingers. "No Plea-. El-. But I-" he took his phone from his ear and slammed it on the ground. He opened the door stepped inside and slumped to the floor. The palms of his hands in his eyes and his chest was heaving.

That was the first time I saw my cheeky friend cry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poor Boo Bear!! T.T

Rock on, Steph <3