Chapter 31: The Hospital

Hey guys!! Here's another chapter to make up for not updating!! Hope u love it! 

~~~~~~~~~~~ 

After an agonizing wait, a doctor finally informed us that Danni had a severe internal bleed. She had endured severall hours of surgery and would soon be moved to her private room. We stayed in the hospital all night, sleeping on the floor and couches. I, however, didn't get a wink of sleep. I sat outside of the surgery door until a doctor came out of some room and told me everything.

She had bruises all over her body from being beaten. Also, she was dehydrated and starving. He told me that the surgery had gone perfectly but she did have two cracked ribs. She would be able to come home within a few weeks. I felt the weight of the entire world fall off my shoulders. I thanked the doctor and for the first time in almost two weeks, I smiled. 

I had woken up to Liam shaking me, he gave me a plastic bag and told me to change my clothes and to get presentable. My thoughts slowly collected themselves, the press would probably be here any second. Slowly, I pulled myself off the floor and to the bathroom down the hall. Liam must've gone home and brought me this. It was a tan sweater and jeans. My beanie was at the bottom of the bag. I took out the tooth brush and brushed my teeth, suddenly getting excited as I remembered that Danni was safe now. After I had fixed my beanie on my head and sprayed some cologne on, I looked at myself in the mirror. I had some stubble on my chin but over all I looked better than I had in days.

I left the bathroom feeling better than ever. The boys were all in the waiting room. Apparently the girls had gone out to get some donuts and change. The boys had all changed to.

"Someone's looking rather chipper this morning!" Zayn said laughing. I told them everything the doctor had told me, mispronouncing all of the medical terms. Once the girls had gotten back, I repeated it to them while I scarfed down donut after donut. The doctor had told us that she was finally awake and we could see her one at a time.

Everyone agreed that I would go see her first. The doctor led me down the hall and into her room. He left us alone and I started getting nervous.

"Lou?" She said weakly, her now clean hair was spread out over her pillow and tubes were connected to her nose and arms. She looked exhausted, her eyes slightly red.

"Hey, love." I said, standing over her bed and holding her hand. She was so frail, her skin pale. There were bruises on her arms and one under her left eye. Matching bruises ringed her wrists. Oh god, it was all my fault. I knew it was. Tears started to well up in my eyes.

"Hey, what's the matter?" She said giving me a weak smile and wiped the tear off of my cheek. She squeezed my hand gently, probably the tightest she could manage. I leaned my head against her hand and held it to my face.

"It's my fault that your like this."

"No, it's not. How would you have known that El- someone was going to do this? Lou it is not your fault." She said. Even when she was the one in need of comfort I was the one being comforted.

"Danni, all this has made me realize that...." I didn't know how to say it.

~Danni's POV~

Louis was struggling with something. "What is it Lou?" I said wincing at the pain in my chest and stomach.

"Danni, will you... Uh... Will you be my girlfriend? I can't live without you." His eyes were full of sadness.

"We'll duh! Just kiss me." I answered and he did, awkwardly standing over me. It was the most passionate kiss we ever had. I hoped this moment never ended.

"Good, because the doctor already thinks we are dating." He said when he pulled away. I just laughed at him, happy to have him back.  

~~~~~~~~~~ 

Awww, they're finally together for real!! Awwwww!  

Rock on guys!! 

Steph