Chapter 28: She'll Pay the Price

Hey!! Hope you guys enjoy it! Happy Presidents' Day  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Light was cutting through the curtains of my old room. Danni and I had decided to stay at my mom's house because I was so late by the time we stopped chatting. Danni had slept in Lottie and Fizzy's room and I could hear them giggling at all hours of the night, I just hope Lottie and Fizzy weren't telling an embarrassing stories but they probably did. I climbed out of bed, finding the shirt I had worn yesterday. I was happy to spend a night in my old house, it brought back the memories of what it was like to not be famous. 

Danni and mom stood in the kitchen laughing. I'm glad they got along so well. "Morning." mom said as soon as she saw me. I smiled in response and slumped into a chair. Danni was wearing one of my old shirts and, if I do say, she looked quite good in it. Yet again, she looked good in pretty much anything.

"Lou, could you go to the store and get me some eggs?" Mum said snapping me back to reality. 

"There's some at my flat." I grabbed my keys and hugged mum. I whispered in her ear "Keep an eye on Danni." She gave me a confused look, I hadn't told them about it, I didn't want them to worry. I wrapped my arms around Danni's small frame like it was the last time I'd ever see her, like I always did the few times that I left her alone. I could still smell her perfume on her skin. I kissed her lightly on the cheek. "Save me some breakfast!" I yelled over my shoulder as I ran outside to my car.

I finally got back to my house and walked inside, carefully balancing two cartons of eggs that I grabbed from my flat. My mom came over to me and grabbed one of the cartons. I put mine on the counter. Danni wasn't in the kitchen.  

"Where's Danni?" I said to my mom starting to get worried. She gave me a confused expression.

"She went to get the mail. Nice girl." I hadn't seen her outside when I came in. I rushed to the front door and looked up and down the yard from the porch. When I didn't see her, I ran into the street. Oh My God. She's gone. My heart rate was getting faster as the wind blew a chilling wind that ruffled my hair, sending a bone chilling coldness down my spine. My phone buzzed in my pajama pants. I frantically scrambled for. Once I found it I looked at it, it said I had a message from an unknown number. 

'If I can't have you no one can. She'll pay the price.'  The words rang through my head as only one thought crossed my mind, She'll pay the price.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Ahhhhh!!!! Whose the creeper???? Comment what I think and remember first 10 people to comment get a chapter dedicated to them!!! 

Rock on guys!! 

Steph <3