Then It's War

Grayson

Mia's grandma used her powers and flung Dolores off me; I could smell Dolores when we were near home.

Mia wanted me to turn around and leave; I told Mia that ,Dolores would keep coming back if we did.

I told Mia and her grandma that I wanted them to stay in the car; I told James that when I get out of the car, I want him to get out and get in the driver's seat and if it looks terrible to drive away and take Mia and her grandma somewhere safe.

I am glad that he left; I sent James to follow him and see if he can find out when we should expect Dolores and this war.

Mia's grandma hid his sent and put a protection spell on him; after she was done, he ran after Dolores.

Mia and her grandma went into the house and sat at the table; I went into the kitchen and made tea.

I know Mia is having an anxiety attack; Mia's grandma is trying to calm her down.

Mia's heart is racing, and she said she feels like she is going to pass out; I brought the tea in and set it on the table.

I picked Mia up and put her on my lap; I held her and rubbed her back.

I told Mia that everything would be fine, and she had nothing to worry about. But, I told her to think about the baby.

I told her to think about the baby's heartbeat, Mia started to calm down. I poured her some tea and helped her hold the cup so she could drink it.

Mia's grandma asked me why Dolores was so hellbent on making me suffer; I told her I did not know.

I told them that everything was fine up until Dolores's dad made him Alpha.

Dolores had his ceremony where he was announced as Alpha, then in two weeks, he was going to have a ceremony to mark the Luna, his mate at the time.

Well, after one week of Dolores being Alpha, there was a rogue attack; Dolores's parents told me to leave and find their son and make sure he was safe.

I went searching for Dolores, when I found him, he had two wolves on him.

I helped fight them off him; in the process, I killed one of the rogues. I told Dolores that we must go to the packhouse.

We ran back to the packhouse; by the time we got back, his parents were dead.

The pack found out what I did; they were all happy that I saved our Alpha.

Well, Dolores was acting like everyone was beneath him; the pack members kept saying he was acting out because his parents died.

After a week, some of the pack members left, including my parents; my parents wanted me to go with them.

But I felt I owed it to Dolores's parents to stay and protect their son, so I stayed.

It was a week before Dolores and his mate was to have their ceremony and mate each other.

Dolores's mate at the time, Cary was her name, came to the packhouse.

She was from a different pack; Cary came to me that evening and asked if I knew where Dolores was.

Cary said she could smell him but could not find him; I told her I thought he went to his room.

She went to his room; about five or so minutes later, Cary came running from Dolores's room crying.

Dolores was in bed with another woman; Cary rejected Dolores.

After I found out that Ava was my mate, she rejected me in front of the whole pack.

I cried; it hurt. After Ava rejected me, she went to Dolores.

I left the pack that day; I never looked back either. I did things I am not proud of; I had to hurt other wolves and even killed a few.

When I found this place, I moved in, which was five years ago.

So, I do not know why Dolores has a grudge against me; I tried to be the best Beta I could be.

After I left, I met James, James's family does not like the fact that he does not want to feed off of humans.

In a way, James and I both got rejected by the people that were supposed to love us.

I did try to find my parents, but I never did. So I just assume they are dead.

Mia asked if that was everything; I told her no; I told them how Cary came back to the packhouse and asked me to be her mate.

I told Cary no, that she was not my mate, and I could not do that to Dolores.

But in the end, Dolores did that to me, but now I am happier than I could ever imagine.

I have Mia and my unborn baby; now I am complete, all I need is the two of them.

I told Mia and her grandma that's it, so I do not understand why Dolores is acting this way.

Yes, I did hear Dolores's wolf say mate to Mia, but she has only one mate.

If Mia had two mates, she would have responded differently to Dolores the first time she saw him.

I do not understand why his wolf thinks Mia is his mate; Mia would have wanted to talk to him or showed some other emotion other than sickness.

Mia said Dolores is nothing to her; Mia said even after hearing that I hurt others, she is not scared of me.

I did not think of that; I could have made Mia scared of me. But she said she's not; Mia said she loves me and is happy that we are together.

I kissed her and told her I love her too; we heard someone say, stop that before I go and puke on your pillows.

Mia's grandma was just laughing so hard, I asked who said that.

Mia's grandma said that Cookie said that I looked at the cats, I said they can talk, Mia's grandma said yes.

Last night I was not going crazy; my wolf said I told you so, I told him to shut up.

I said, then why don't they talk all the time then, Mia's grandma said that animals are not supposed to talk to humans.

I asked why she said it is the law of nature. I cannot believe what I am hearing right now.

I asked Mia if she knew the cats could talk, she said yes.

Mia's grandma told Mia that it was time to tell me her name; Mia asked her if she was sure.

Mia's grandma said yes; Mia's grandma said her name was Cleo.