The warning

Grayson

I was in the bathroom puking my guts out. Mia mixed tuna with chocolate ice cream. James is over at Cleo's house getting it ready; the vampires are going to be staying there until the fight is over. I am trying not to show how worried I am in front of Mia. She has been telling me that she is scared, scared of losing me, her grandma, and even James.

When I left the bathroom, Mia was done eating. Which made me happy. But that was short-lived. I smelled Dolores. I told everyone to stay in the house. Mia asked why? I told her Dolores was here. I told her not to be scared; he probably wants Cleo to take the spell off. I know that did not help much, but I tried. I kissed Mia's forehead and walked to the front door. When I opened the door, there was Dolores and Jeff. I asked what are they doing here? Dolores said there is big trouble coming. He said that it is all his fault. I asked, what does he mean? Dolores told me he had Jeff go to the other packs to call off the war, but no one believed that Dolores would do that. So, Dolores said that he had to go to with Jeff and now the other packs know and wants the witch.

I told him that I do not believe him. I told Dolores that I do not need to believe him, but he wants to help me, and if I do not take his help; the other packs will try to kill the witch and anyone that will try to stop them. I asked why would he want to help, when he started all of this?

Dolores said he knows he started it, but he wanted to end it. I asked why? Dolores said he knows he has been a pain in the butt and the whole trying to kill me. I added and trying to take my mate. Dolores said that he was just confused and hated me because his dad loved me more than him. I said that is not true. Dolores said it is true. Dolores continued to say that his dad was going to make me Alpha and not him.

I do not know if he is telling me the truth or not. Dolores told me that his dad always thought Dolores was weak, so he acted the way his dad always wanted him to act. He said he always tried to make his dad proud of him. Dolores said nothing he did worked. Cleo opened the door. She mind-linked me and said Dolores is telling the truth. I asked if she was sure that he's not trying to fool us? Cleo said that she has read both Dolores's and Jeff's minds and Dolores is telling the truth.

I asked Dolores what about his pack? He said his pack will fight on our side. He said his pack does not know that he is a bunny. Jeff said that their pack is used to him relaying messages to them, so they did not question it. Jeff looked at Cleo and asked after the war could she turn Max in to a human or could she turn him into a bunny?

Cleo looked at them and then said some incoherent words and Dolores was human again.

Cleo said that if they try to betray us, she will not hesitate to turn Dolores back into a bunny and turn Jeff into a chicken. Dolores said thank you and that they will not betray us. I was shocked Dolores never says thank you to anyone. It is too early to say that he has changed, but in time we will see. Cleo went back into the house. Now there is a naked Dolores. I asked Dolores when will the other packs be coming? Dolores said he does not know. They kept kicking him and Jeff out before he could find out.

I asked how many packs are coming? Dolores said five. That is too many to fight. But if we have Dolores's pack, we might have a chance to win. Cleo returned with a pair of pants and gave them to Dolores. Dolores said thank you and put the pants on. Jeff asked if we could sit and talk out a plan of what we should do. I said ok. We walked up the stairs and went into the house. Mia is looking at us. She does not seem to be scared. Cleo mind-linked me and said that she explained everything to Mia. I can tell Mia is nervous, but not terrified. James came out of the bathroom. When did he get here?

James said he came through the back door. He said the witch informed him about what is going on. I nodded in understanding. I walked to the couch and asked them to sit down; they did. I sat down on a nearby chair. Cleo asked if Jeff and Dolores want anything to drink? They both said a water will be fine. Cleo and Mia got water for everyone. Cleo gave Dolores and Jeff a bottle. Mia came and sat on my lap. James and Cleo sat on the couch with Jeff and Dolores.

We talked for a few hours. Dolores said that he will have some of his pack guard and at the first sight of any other packs coming, he will gather up the rest of his pack and come to fight. It is the best plan we could come up with. Mia said that she was going to put pizzas into the oven. Cleo asked Jeff and Dolores if they wanted to stay for dinner? They both said sure. This is awkward for them and for me. Not once has Dolores tried to talk or even look at Mia. He only looked and talk to me or Jeff. I warned them that my mate will put something gross on her pizza.

Jeff asked, like what? I told him that she will put pickled herring on it with pineapple chunks. Dolores asked why does she eat pizza like that? I told them that she is pregnant with my pup. Jeff said his congratulations. Dolores told Jeff that he wants to adopt a child. Jeff agreed. I asked if they are together? They both said yes, they are. I told them that I was happy for them. Then I remembered something. I asked Cleo where the cats were? Cleo said she had to put them in her room. They were not happy with Dolores and Jeff being here. Good, I do not have to worry about them... for now.