12 | Planning The Play

ᴍɪɴᴀ | ᴘᴏᴠ

"Before our school trip, we need to decide what program we'll do at the cultural festival next week. Do you have any ideas?" Taehyung said as he stood in front of the class. He's the class president and the smartest next to Momo.

Ever since yesterday, when I saw Jungkook and Tzuyu in that position, Ahh!! I can't even erase it from my head. I badly wanted him to remember me.

"Anyone have an idea of what we'll do at the cultural festival next week?"

I wanted him to remember me, not because I had the key. He can't even recognize me as the girl he promised to marry 11 years ago.

"Anyone?"

I want to do something to make him remember me. I know he already has a girlfriend, but I still want him to remember me. I just want him to remember me.

I raised my hand, which made Taehyung look at me, so he shush everyone up, knowing that I have a very quiet voice.

"Yes, Mina. Do you have any idea?" I stood up and looked at my classmates, who were currently waiting for my response.

"How about we perform the play 'Romeo and Juliet'?"

ᴊᴜɴɢᴋᴏᴏᴋ | ᴘᴏᴠ

Romeo and Juliet? Why does that sound familiar?

The girl in my dream I remember her having a book with the same title. Romeo and Juliet.

"Okay, so what's the story plot?" Taehyung asked, so we all focused on Mina. Especially for me, she might be that girl in my dream. She might be the girl I promised to marry. But... A lot of people know that story; maybe Mina accidentally watched that play before? I don't see Mina wearing any necklace, and it's the first time she mentioned that story. I may have been overthinking too much.

"An age-old feud between two powerful families erupts into bloodshed. A group of masked Montagues risk further conflict by gatecrashing a Capulet party. A young lovesick Romeo Montague falls instantly in love with Juliet Capulet, who is due to marry her father's choice, the County Paris. With the help of Juliet's nurse, the women arrange for the couple to marry the next day, but Romeo's attempt to halt a street fight leads to the death of Juliet's own cousin, Tybalt, for which Romeo is banished. In a desperate attempt to be reunited with Romeo, Juliet follows the Friar's plot and fakes her own death. The message fails to reach Romeo, and believing Juliet is dead, he takes his life in her tomb. Juliet wakes to find Romeo's corpse beside her and kills herself. The grieving family agree to end their feud." She might've summarize the story. It's no surprise, since she's smart.

Taehyung overreacted as he wiped his tears. "Why is this story so sad?" Taehyung covered his mouth as he cried. "I want this story to be our play!" He shouted, which made the whole class cheer.

"But who's going to be Romeo and Juliet?" Bangchan, one of our classmates, asked.

ᴍɪɴᴀ | ᴘᴏᴠ

I looked at Jungkook after he told the story. I was hoping that he would at least act like something about the story was familiar, but he was just looking at Taehyung while laughing. Maybe I need to try a little harder.

"But who's going to be Romeo and Juliet?"

That's it! If me and him play Romeo and Juliet's characters, maybe he can remember me.

I was about to raise my hand, but I stopped when Sana, who was sitting behind me, suddenly shouted.

"Me!" I turned around as Sana raised her hand and stood up. "The person fit to play Romeo is obviously Jungkook."

"What?" Jungkook, who was previously laughing, suddenly turned to Sana, who was just next to him.

"And as for Juliet, as the runner-up in the primary school performance competition, it should be played by me." She was cut off when Taehyung suddenly talked.

ᴊᴜɴɢᴋᴏᴏᴋ | ᴘᴏᴠ

Is Sana going crazy? And if she is really crazy, why does she have to involve me in her craziness?

"And as for Juliet, as the runner-up in the primary school performance competition, it should be played by me." Tae suddenly talked, which made her stop talking.

"If Jungkook is going to play Romeo, then Juliet's character should be played by Tzuyu." Sana isn't the only crazy one in this class. Why do they have to involve me and Tzuyu?

And as expected, the whole class agreed.

"Listen to me first!" Sana shouted. I'm maybe the only one who noticed her annoyed expression since almost everyone is busy talking about how perfect me and Tzuyu are for that character. I can't even act. Fuck! I need to stop them from picking me and Tzuyu. I can barely act in front of Haein; I only act for the sake of my life.

"Wait a minute!" I shouted, which made all my classmates turn to me. I turned to my left side and said, "You don't want to act as the main character either, right?" Please don't agree to them, Tzuyu. Yeah, I'm talking to myself, hoping she could hear it in her mind.

"Well," she said, standing up and looking at each and every person in the room before looking at me. "I'm fine with playing that role; I get to wear pretty dresses." She holds her skirt and acts as if she's wearing a dress while turning left to right.

Since when did she start liking dresses?

I just grabbed my hair in great annoyance. I guess Tzuyu didn't hear what I told her using my mind.

"That means Romeo and Juliet is decided to be played by the strongest couple in our class!" Taehyung even pointed at us. I sometimes want to hate Taehyung.

But something in that story kind of feels familiar. I feel like I've heard it before or even read it before. Maybe it was the picture book Sana mentioned. She did say that I often read her a picture book. I'm starting to accept the fact that me and Sana are childhood friends, but I can't give her the kind of love she's giving me. I have loved her as a friend since we were childhood friends. I love her the way I love Taehyung and Tzuyu, not the way I love Mina.