22 | Letting Go

ᴛᴢᴜʏᴜ | ᴘᴏᴠ

"Aren't you going to meet your boyfriend on the rooftop?" Sana asked as the both of us changed in the girl's locker room.

"He's not my boyfriend, Sana." I had a sad smile on her lips.

"I overheard you earlier, Tzuyu; since you're not his real girlfriend, then..." She has a sly smile on herself, probably thinking of something stupid again.

"You know he likes Mina then."

"Yes, but I think he likes you."

"Sana, you need to realize that Jungkook is not meant for you; he's not meant for me either, so the only thing that the both of us can do is either help him to be with Mina or to get out of their way, and I'm choosing the latter," I said as I hung the costumes I used.

I know that Sana loves Jungkook so much, and I can't do anything if she chooses to watch him be with Mina.

"B-but, Tzuyu-ah. You like Jungkook, right?" The soft voice coming from her, which I had never heard before, made me look back at her. She's right, I do like Jungkook, and I don't want to be selfish and keep him all to myself when I know he can be with someone he truly loves and someone who is safer than me.

"And you like him too, Sana. I won't fight for him, but it's your choice if you want to be with him or not." was the last thing I said to her before taking my bag and walking out of the room.

I keep on sighing as I walk towards the gate. It's already past 4 p.m., but the booths and food stalls outside the building are still open and are still full of students.

I stopped when I was just three feet away from leaving this place forever. I looked back and tried to save the school appearance in my head. I looked everywhere, from the classroom's windows to those green vines climbing up the walls to the rooftop.

I tilted my head and squinted my eyes as I looked at the two people on top of the building. He seems so happy. I smiled as a tear dropped from my face. This is it, Jungkook; goodbye.

ᴊᴜɴɢᴋᴏᴏᴋ | ᴘᴏᴠ

The moment that the play ended, I instantly ran to the rooftop. I haven't even changed into my costume yet.

I stopped the moment my fingers touched the doorknob. This is it. I don't know when or where I started to like Tzuyu, but I just realized it now. I won't be a coward like before. I won't wait like I did for Mina, and I won't let go of her.

I'm really happy. I decided to confess my feelings for Tzuyu so she'd never ignore me again. I was thinking, maybe Tzuyu has a crush on me, based on what she said when we're on the beach. It was just stupid of me not to recognize

I took a deep breath before opening the door. The bright sun was directly hitting my eyes, so I covered them and tried squinting so I could see more clearly.

I was hoping to see a tall blonde girl, but instead, it was a tall black-haired girl. It was Mina. Now that she has a cast on her feet, she tried to stand well as she smiled at me.

I was about to ask if she saw Tzuyu pick up something that got my attention. A key? Why does that key look so familiar?

"You have the locker, right?" I frowned while sinking her words into my mind, and then I finally got it.

I'm so lost for words that I just took my necklace off and walked towards her. She took the locker from my hand and inserted the key into it.

The locker opened, and two small rings made from white and blue beads are inside.

She took my hand and put the blue ring on it.

"Jungkook, I really like you." Those words would've made me so happy if she said them to me months ago, but now, I feel nothing.

"Mina..." I'm not going to lie to her.

"No, Jungkook. I saw how you look at her, how happy you are when you're with her. I always noticed those tiny smiles escaping your lips when you annoy her. It hurts me so much watching you both, but I can't seem to hate her; she's so beautiful, she's so kind." Tears fall from her eyes as she shakes her head.

She slowly took the ring from my hand and forced herself to smile at me.

"Go and chase her, Jungkook. Go and run after your love." I smiled at her, and for a moment, I saw both happiness and sadness in her eyes as she smiled while tears dropped from her eyes.

"Thank you, Minari. And I'm sorry." She shook her head as she looked at the door behind me.

"Go now, before it's too late," she said, which made me a bit confused, but I still ran out.

I was catching my breath when I reached the entrance of the school building, running into our homeroom teacher, Miss Bae Suzy.

"Miss Bae, have you seen Tzuyu?" I see confusion in her eyes as she looks at me. And then her expression suddenly softened.

"You look so tired and your face is full of sweat, Jungkook. Where have you been?" Is she changing the topic?

"Miss Bae, just tell me where Tzuyu is, please. I need to tell her something. I need to tell her this now or I won't ever have a chance again." She looked at me for a full minute before taking a deep breath.

"I'm not supposed to tell you this, but Tzuyu already left with Haein. She's going back to America tonight; she's at the airport at the moment," she said as she watched her wristwatch.

"Thank you so much, Miss Bae." I bowed at her and ran outside the gate.

I'm about to cross the road when a loud sound from a coming car stops me and leaves me standing in the middle of the road.