15 | Lost

ᴊᴜɴɢᴋᴏᴏᴋ | ᴘᴏᴠ

"God, thank you so much!" I whispered as I and Mina lined up in a queue to enter the fake ghost town, which is located at the back of the hotel near the forest.

This is literally my dream come true; partnering with Mina is the best thing ever. Last year, I got the ghost ball, and I ended up getting punched in the face by Bangchan.

I've always hated this game, but I think this year is going to be different. I can feel it.

As the queue moved forward, there's only one pair in front of us left: Ryujin and Minho, also known as our 'Savage Mate' as Bangchan would say.

Ryujin can make the whole class shut up with just a glare, while Minho is the most feared student in our class because of his dark humor. It's rare for me to see them together.

"You can hold my hand if you're afraid," Ryujin boastfully said as she held her hand to Minho. Should I ask Mina to hold my hand too?

"The only thing I'm afraid of is our classmates ugly faces, but if you insist." And Minho took Ryujin's hand, and both of them entered the ghost town.

"Should we?" Me and Mina talked at the same time.

"You go first," she said, so I sighed.

"Should we hold each other's hands too?" I asked her. She smiled and nodded in agreement.

I was about to hold her hand when...

"Jungkook! This is bad! I lost Tzuyu in the woods!" Taehyung shouted while panting.

I didn't waste any seconds and ran inside the ghost town. It's connected to the forest, and it's really dark in there. Tzuyu is scared of the dark.

ᴛᴢᴜʏᴜ | ᴘᴏᴠ

That idiot! How dare he leave me in the woods!

I sat on the nearby tree as I looked at the full moon, deciding if I should punch the hell out of Taehyung if we ever bumped into each other.

Someone would notice that I was gone, right? Good thing the moonlight in this part of the forest is bright enough to light up my surroundings.

I closed my eyes as I tried to feel and hear if someone was close so I could ask for help. I learned this trick from my mom.

I heard a twig break, so I instantly looked around and saw Dahyun and Chaeyoung from class B. Dahyun is wearing an Annabelle costume with very freaky make-up, and Chaeyoung is wearing a joker costume.

"Tzuyu-ah?" They pointed a flashlight at me, so I instantly covered my eyes.

"I'm lost, and that stupid Taehyung ran after seeing fake ghosts," I said as I walked near them.

"Perfect timing! We are short of ghosts, and since your partner ran away, you can be the corpse bride. This is the dress, but we don't have any make-up in here, so just cover your face with the viel." I haven't even agreed to be a ghost, and yet Dahyun already gave me the white gown and the viel.

"Let us help you dress up!" Chaeyoung cheerfully said as she put the viel in my hair. Dahyun also helped me wear the gown. I was wearing pants and a fitted shirt, so it didn't take long for me to put the gown on.

"Now you look like a bride! If you see any students coming your way, start making a crying noise; you can do that, right? After all, you are good at acting since you're playing Juliet." I'm good at acting? Taehyung almost killed us earlier because we are so bad at acting. But seeing my classmates shock and scared faces is worth it, so I guess I'm playing the ghost tonight.

"Here's a flashlight." Chaeyoung handed me the flashlight, and both of them left.

I ended up being a ghost when all I wanted was to just go back to the hotel.

I started walking around trying to find a student to scare, which I think is better than punching Taehyung, until the flashlight suddenly turned off. This is really an unlucky night.

I'm in the middle of nowhere, and even the moonlight can't pass through the large tree branches. I never thought this was going to be my death; I just hoped they would make me beautiful at my funeral, unless a giant bear would suddenly appear and rip me apart.

I started shivering when everything started to turn black until I couldn't see anything. I tried looking for a tree, which I couldn't see, so I sat on the ground. I couldn't help but cry when I heard my mom's voice.

"This is your punishment for almost ruining the plan."

"You should've known better, Tzuyu!"

"She died because of you!"

I closed my eyes as my heart started to beat fast and my tears started to flow out of my eyes. I'm not cold; I'm scared.

All I can hear now is my sobbing noise mixed with the sound of crickets.

ᴄʜᴀᴇʏᴏᴜɴɢ | ᴘᴏᴠ

"Wait! I think I forgot to change the batteries in Tzuyu's flashlight," I said as I stopped Dahyun without looking at her. Her creepy face is creeping me out.

"You did; you just can't remember. You also said you forgot to bring the key to our room, and yet you have it in your bag."

"My bag is in our room." I rolled my eyes as she started pulling me to the students who were running back to the hotel.

"Don't overthink too much; we double-checked the batteries earlier," she said, following a pair of students who instantly ran just after seeing her face. I didn't ever bother thinking about why some of the students fainted earlier.

She listed the number at the back of the students, which is glowing in the dark. The more numbers she lists, the greater the possibility that she will win this contest.

I still think I forgot to put new batteries in Tzuyu's flashlight.

"I think we should go back and find Tzuyu," I said as I looked back at the forest.

"There's a lot of bugs in there; you know I'm afraid of bugs!" She frowns at me.

"You're not scared of bugs, and they will be more scared after seeing your face."

Maybe Dahyun was right. I'm just overthinking.