13 | Beach Break

ᴊᴜɴɢᴋᴏᴏᴋ | ᴘᴏᴠ

Every school year, we, together with our batchmates, go on a beach break. We stay in a hotel near the beach for a day and a night before going back.

I don't know if I should hate or like this seat at the back. I'm sitting in the middle with Mina and Momo on my right side and Tzuyu and Sana on my left side.

Our bus ride is so loud that Taehyung is singing 'Surfin'.

"This is what you wanna do, man. Throw it up in the air. The sea breeze blows wah ah ah ah ah ah ah baby. I hear the waves wah ah ah ah ah ah ah wave yeah, split the current, surfing. Wow wow wow wow wow, we gon sing it la la la la la. Fly on the waves baby." All of us are singing along with Taehyung. Me, Momo, and Sana are looking at the views on the beach we're going to while Tzuyu has two puppets in her hand and she keeps waving them in the air. Mina, on the other hand, is just sitting straight next to me while singing.

The bus suddenly turned right, which made all of us inside turn left.

"Ouch! That hurts!" Tzuyu complained when I accidentally squeezed her and Sana on the side.

"It was an accident," I explained, even though I also can't move since Momo and Mina are also squeezing me to the left.

"You guys are too close; distance please," Sana said as she squeezed out of her seat just to separate me and Tzuyu, but before she could even push me and Tzuyu away from each other, the bus suddenly turned left, which made all of us turn to the right.

I tried holding my weight since me and Mina are too close and I'm afraid that I might squeeze her.

"Sorry." I immediately sat properly. I don't want her to remember me as someone who squeezed her into the bus.

"It's okay, I'm fine." She awkwardly laughed, so I turned away first because it's already too awkward.

"I've been working nonstop and it's hot outside. Always saying I'm fine but it's just a lie. All my sweat like tears dripping til it's gone.I got 99 problems, but the sea ain't one. I'ma go out healing, getting cleansed by the sea breeze. I can't let go of this feeling." I turned to Tzuyu, who is cheerfully singing as if she has no problem.

"You seemed to be in a good mood," I said as I rested my back.

"Of course I'm in a good mood. After all, this is the first time I left Haein's surveillance." What she said made me smile.

"That's a good reason to be in a good mood."

"Pinch your cheek. It's not a dream, don't worry. Wake up, my sleepy eyes. Wake up, wake up. Raise your tension higher, way up, way up, higher, higher, body exhausted from the heat. Throw it up in the air. The sea breeze blows wah ah ah ah ah ah ah baby. I hear the waves wah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah wave yeah, split the current, surfing."

---

"Welcome!"

What? How come he's here?

"We rented the most expensive hotel in this area so all of you can have a great time," Haein said, walking towards me. He is targeting me again.

He followed Tzuyu and me here. Won't he give us privacy? I know he doesn't trust me when it comes to Tzuyu, but please, just this once, can he let us go?

I feel like he was plotting something. He's always planning something evil, but why do I feel like he is planning something that will destroy my social life?

I came back to reality when I noticed him approaching me. I couldn't move because my classmates were just standing behind me. He stopped in front of me and put his face close to my ear.

"Let's see if you deserve to be our princess's boyfriend." I got goosebumps because of what he said.

Okay! He is the most possessive bodyguard I have ever seen; though he does not look like a bodyguard, he is Tzuyu's bodyguard.

___

Surfin by Straykids