19 | Truth

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ | ᴘᴏᴠ

It's festival day! Everything is going well. The whole school is decorated, the gate is open for everyone to attend, the cheerleaders are dancing at the entrance, booths and food stands are everywhere, and students are gathering around.

Everyone was busy, including class 12 C.

"Romeo, your eyes, your voice-everything about you makes me excited to see you. Is this love?" Mina recited as she put the last piece of her costume, the earrings.

She is wearing the costume for the opening and the first part of the play.

She looked in the mirror, satisfied with her reflection. She smiled as she looked at herself, until a girl standing by the door got her attention.

She turned around and saw Tzuyu looking at her.

Tzuyu was initially hesitant about whether she should go inside or not but ended up going inside.

"I'm going to tell you the truth, only to you, and we need to keep it a secret," she started, which made Mina a bit confused.

"What secret?"

Tzuyu didn't beat around the bush and told her everything.

"Jungkook and I aren't really a couple. Everything we did was fake. We have some family problems, and we ended up being forced to become a fake couple." Tzuyu wanted to clear everything now before it was too late.

"Minari, you have the key pendant, right?"

"Yes."

"Jungkook, he still has his pendant till now; he was looking for you for a very long time," Tzuyu said, still with a smile plastered on her face. She's used to this, hiding the pain away and covering it with a smile.

"So you gave me the role of Juliet?" Mina was still confused, and Tzuyu's smiling face was confusing her more.

"The two of you are destined to be together, and I want the both of you to end up together," Tzuyu said, and Mina did see something flash in her eyes.

And Tzuyu noticed it as Mina was studying her face. She immediately smiled and walked back and forth.

"It's not fun being his fake lover; we always fight for everything. Both of you deserve each other. Juliet, fighting!" Half of what Tzuyu said was true. They did fight for everything, but even if she denied it, she did have fun as Jungkook's girlfriend.

Tzuyu was cheering on Mina even though she was hurting herself. Mina is just so confused by what Tzuyu is doing.

And little did they know, Sana was there, and she knew everything.

...

Everyone was busy.

Momo is still finishing some designs for the scenes with the help of her classmates who didn't join the acting team.

Taehyung is nervous as he reads through all the lines; this is a big responsibility as the director.

Some are practicing their lines, including Sana, Mina, and Jungkook.

For some reason, Jungkook didn't even care that he was in a play with Mina as his leading lady. He just wants to remove Tzuyu from his head.

Mina and him crossed paths almost every minute on the stage, but he was so focused. Mina tried to be professional and focused on her script. She was so focused that she didn't even see the ladder that one of the students left on the stage.

Everyone was startled by the noise, and the next thing they heard was Mina's voice in pain.

Everyone ran and helped her. Jungkook went to her to look, and he saw that Mina had a very big wound on her ankle.

The teacher was called from the entrance gate, and they immediately went to the gymnasium of the school, where the play is.

Tzuyu was passing by when she heard her homeroom teacher panicking.

She went to the gymnasium, and everyone is looking at Mina, who is crying.

"I'm so sorry; I give everyone a problem," she said as she sobbed.

Tzuyu can only look at her with sympathy. Only Mina and Sana know that she's here.

Everyone is already having a hard time deciding who's going to play Juliet.

"Tzuyu?" Jungkook saw Tzuyu standing at the door.

Because of what he said, everyone's attention turned to Tzuyu.

Only then did Tzuyu realize that everyone was looking at her.

"Yes! Tzuyu! You can play as Juliet!" Taehyung said as he walked towards Tzuyu.

Taehyung is really having a hard time, as he was the brain of this play.

Tzuyu stepped back when all of her classmates started to ask her to play the role of Juliet.

She hysterically shook her head.

"No! I already told you guys that I wouldn't play it!" She shouted as she stepped backwards, ready to run away.

Everyone was whispering as they looked at her.

Jungkook knew that Tzuyu would never change her mind, so he didn't even bother convincing her.

"I said I wouldn't do it! Which part do you not understand?" Tzuyu screamed.

Everyone stopped talking. That's when they realize that Tzuyu will never change her mind.

Tzuyu already gave this opportunity up so Mina could have it; she'll never take advantage of Mina's injury.

She was about to leave when she heard Mina.

Mina was painfully walking as Momo helped her. Jungkook is on her back, ready to catch her if she ever falls.

"Tzuyu-ah! Please! Can you do this for me?" She looked at Mina; her eyes are bloodshot because of crying, her nose is red, and her hair is wet due to her sweat and tears.

"Please, Tzuyu, I beg you."

Tzuyu knew at that time that she had no choice but to help Mina. She knows that if this play never succeeds, Mina will blame herself for everything. She doesn't want that to happen. Mina is a very kind and lovely girl.

She gave up this role for Mina, and she never thought that she'd be getting this role back because of Mina too.