21 | End Play

ᴛᴢᴜʏᴜ | ᴘᴏᴠ

We finished the other parts of the story, and now we're on the part where Romeo and Juliet got married.

The priest in this play was the same guy who asked me to be a part of the cheerleading squad. He was hesitant at first but then agreed to take part.

The sound of the bell filled the whole place as me and Jungkook were standing side by side, facing the audience.

I was wearing the dress Mina designed; it's a bit different from what she designed because the dress is long enough to touch the floor. I never thought I would wear this. Jungkook is wearing a white suit with a gold fabric lining in the button line. The buttons are in gold too, with a red rose in the side pocket. He is also wearing white shoes.

"A couple from the two rival families..." The priest started walking down to the third stage, "the Montague family," he pointed to the gangsters, "and the Capulet family," he pointed to Haein and the mafias.

"Will the marriage of this young couple resolve the long-term family feud?" He was more like a narrator than the priest. It was kind of funny that he sounded that way.

He turned around, pointing at Jungkook.

"Romeo, do you swear to love Juliet forever?" He asked Jungkook, so I turned and faced him and caught him looking at me with adoration. I can totally see it in his eyes.

"I swear to love her and only her until the day I die." He smiled at me as if he were looking at the girl of his dreams, but I know better-that I'm not the girl he likes.

I smiled at him when I remembered how he said that he loved me in front of Haein. I know that it's not true that he lied so he could save himself, and I also know that when all of my classmates suspect me of killing them, they're not that wrong, and I know that Jungkook only did that because he himself experienced it, but just this once, I want to trick myself into thinking that maybe he likes me too.

This mixed feeling is keeping me from being sane. I need to try and hide these unruly feelings towards him because I know that this will be the last time that both of us will see each other.

"Juliet, do you swear to love Romeo forever?" The priest asked.

I need to cherish this last moment. "I swear to love him and only him, in this lifetime and in our next life." I smiled. I know that all my classmates who read the script before knew that I changed the line. But all I said are the things I'm hoping for.

I wanted to love him, and I'm hoping that maybe in our next life, in different circumstances, where the both of us are just normal people living our normal lives, we can be together.

We both hugged each other; it was supposed to be a kissing scene, but both me and Jungkook opposed Taehyung's suggestion.

I smiled when I felt his warmth. I just want to be with him. I closed my eyes and forgot about the problems I have at the moment. He's already one of the people I cherish the most.

As I opened my eyes, I saw her looking at us with so much emotion.

I forgot; she was the reason I was doing this. I shouldn't betray her.